• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Negligent administrator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorneys will "go against one of their own." Attorneys are required under their professional codes to report other attorneys who act outside the law. But what is happening with your father's estate and the administration of it does not appear to be illegal although some of what you describe seems a bit unethical.

It is possible the administrator has failed to administer your father's estate properly in which case the judge will pick up on this when the review is done tomorrow.

I understand how hard it must be to see your own father's property sold off and feel powerless to stop it. It is emotional. You hopefully will have a better understanding tomorrow of what is going on.

Please post back after you see the judge.
I will let you know what happens it is at 10 am. In morning.by the way do I need to dress up for this ?

I will let you know what happens it is at 10 am. In morning.by the way do I need to dress up for this ?
I read that if she never even attempts to pay mortgage or doesn't pay bills and the estate suffers a loss that she can be held liable? And she has neglected to even try to do anything. And because she refused to return a call I could not sell it and it was foreclosed on . Don't that qualify for loss? And the vehicles u can't skip 4 mo at a time? And what person in thief right mind would pay car before house?

You should dress professionally for court.

We will wait to hear back from you.
Hello Quincy, I just got out of that hearing and I am pissed and a little bit proud of myself. He would not not listen to me ONLY her mostly and she was telling him how she has tried to contact the mortgage people and she did not know if the house had been foreclosed on and tried to put things off on me by saying that I took to long to get a buyer but fact is she would not return my calls even when I left a message as to why I was needing to talk to her anyway I had read thru the probate file and found where she WAS indeed notified several times and even served papers so I gently raised my tone and told him sir your honor here is documents where she was notified a year prior and was notified and knew about all this. He took paper read it and made copies and set another court date next wed. And told us to communicate by e mail. Judge asked her what do you mean you don't know for sure if it's been forclosed on? Didn't you look on wall outside thee door? She said no he said when will you she said when this is done. I also told him I wanted her removed he said let's get this done first about house. He said if there is a buyer let's get it sold .so that's about it. I wish you were here to help me.

quincy

... He took paper read it and made copies and set another court date next wed. And told us to communicate by e mail ... I also told him I wanted her removed he said let's get this done first about house. He said if there is a buyer let's get it sold .so that's about it ...
It appears you presented the facts well enough to have the judge want to look into the administrator's actions further, hence the appointment for next week. That is a positive, Outtaplace.

It appears you presented the facts well enough to have the judge want to look into the administrator's actions further, hence the appointment for next week. That is a positive, Outtaplace.
Thank you. I hope you continue to advise me through out this. I can't put into words how much you and this forum has helped me and grateful . So what happens next?

quincy

Thank you. I hope you continue to advise me through out this. I can't put into words how much you and this forum has helped me and grateful . So what happens next?
What happens next? The administrator follows the judge's directive to sell the house and the administration of the estate is revisited next Wednesday. You have some breathing time, in other words.

What happens next? The administrator follows the judge's directive to sell the house and the administration of the estate is revisited next Wednesday. You have some breathing time, in other words.
Breath huh? I'll be glad when this is over so I can exhale. so what happens if it has been foreclosed on can I then address the issues that led to this in first place? And when can this be done? There is nothing else to be or and she lost what mattered most. But when I saw her last and looked to see if she was really making pymnt son truck she told me there was still 8 or 9 g left. Surely she didn't lose that too ?

quincy

Breath huh? I'll be glad when this is over so I can exhale. so what happens if it has been foreclosed on can I then address the issues that led to this in first place? And when can this be done? There is nothing else to be or and she lost what mattered most. But when I saw her last and looked to see if she was really making pymnt son truck she told me there was still 8 or 9 g left. Surely she didn't lose that too ?
You can contact the administrator by email if you need clarification. The judge told the administrator to communicate with you in this way. You can also make a list of all your questions and concerns that the administrator does not address to your satisfaction and discuss them next Wednesday before the judge.

You can contact the administrator by email if you need clarification. The judge told the administrator to communicate with you in this way. You can also make a list of all your questions and concerns that the administrator does not address to your satisfaction and discuss them next Wednesday before the judge.
This judge only asked her questions and I had to just sit and listen to her lie and was fixing to dismiss us until I interupted him but he didn't want to hear anything he wasn't going to ask me why I even asked for this hearing. But he did catch her lie about knowing anything from mortgage people . She wasn't expecting me to have done my home work or getting that probate file.

quincy

This judge only asked her questions and I had to just sit and listen to her lie and was fixing to dismiss us until I interupted him but he didn't want to hear anything he wasn't going to ask me why I even asked for this hearing. But he did catch her lie about knowing anything from mortgage people . She wasn't expecting me to have done my home work or getting that probate file.
The judge doesn't need you to explain yourself. The judge wants the administrator to explain herself and her actions.

You will meet with the judge next Wednesday. The judge will (more than likely) be reviewing the administrator's accounting in the meantime.

Breathe and wait until Wednesday.

Last edited:
The judge doesn't need you to explain yourself. The judge wants the administrator to explain herself and her actions.

You will meet with the judge next Wednesday. The judge will (more than likely) be reviewing the administrator's accounting in the meantime.

Breathe and wait until Wednesday.
Ok I'll breath and I'm trying to have a little faith in this justice system in this little town but they are crooked and buddy's im a no body

quincy

Ok I'll breath and I'm trying to have a little faith in this justice system in this little town but they are crooked and buddy's im a no body
I would refrain from making comments about "crooked" towns, especially in any hearing before the judge. The judge may discount everything else that you say otherwise.

You can let us know how the next meeting goes for you on Wednesday if the meeting brings with it any additional legal questions or legal concerns.

Good luck.

I would refrain from making comments about "crooked" towns, especially in any hearing before the judge. The judge may discount everything else that you say otherwise.

You can let us know how the next meeting goes for you on Wednesday if the meeting brings with it any additional legal questions or legal concerns.

Good luck.
Ok I'll put a filter on my thoughts and mouth and the next hearing is this wed. At 1pm. Is there anything I should prepare for? What will take place when the house has indeed been foreclosed wed on and it's lost? Will it be closed d out? Can she be removed? Will she not have to acknowledge her actions which let up to this? Because judge wanted to sell house if it hadn't been foreclosed on. That's fine but it has and that's her fault I couldn't sell it because she refused to return calls answer even when I left why I was calling. She kept saying she knew nothing was done to help me stop it when I could've. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks once again

quincy

Ok I'll put a filter on my thoughts and mouth and the next hearing is this wed. At 1pm. Is there anything I should prepare for?
I recommend you show respect for the Court and be polite to the administrator. Your attitude at the hearing can make a difference in how the judge handles any questions that are raised by the administrator's actions (or inactions). Beyond that, I do not know what you can do to prepare for this next hearing. The judge will be looking at how the administrator has managed (or mismanaged) the estate.

What will take place when the house has indeed been foreclosed wed on and it's lost? Will it be closed d out? Can she be removed? Will she not have to acknowledge her actions which let up to this? Because judge wanted to sell house if it hadn't been foreclosed on. That's fine but it has and that's her fault I couldn't sell it because she refused to return calls answer even when I left why I was calling. She kept saying she knew nothing was done to help me stop it when I could've ...
The fact that the house belonged to your father and your father wanted you to have it after his death is not as important as what your father owed on his death to others and what needed to be done to handle these debts. It is possible there was no way for the administrator to preserve the assets you wanted the administrator to preserve.

I wish I could offer you some positives but I don't know what will take place on Wednesday. I don't know what the judge will do. You will have to wait to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">