• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Negligent administrator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend you show respect for the Court and be polite to the administrator. Your attitude at the hearing can make a difference in how the judge handles any questions that are raised by the administrator's actions (or inactions). Beyond that, I do not know what you can do to prepare for this next hearing. The judge will be looking at how the administrator has managed (or mismanaged) the estate.

The fact that the house belonged to your father and your father wanted you to have it after his death is not as important as what your father owed on his death to others and what needed to be done to handle these debts. It is possible there was no way for the administrator to preserve the assets you wanted the administrator to preserve.

I wish I could offer you some positives but I don't know what will take place on Wednesday. I don't know what the judge will do. You will have to wait to see.
I understand that there was not enough to pay it off but there is no reason for it to be foreclosed on either. All she had to do was communicate and work with me and I could not sell it either because would not answer or return any phone calls. There was not enough to pay truck either but she made pymnt don it even if it was 4 months later at least there was an effect. I'll do as you say and I was and am respectfull when I saw her. And will continue to be cordial wed. Regardless of outcome . Thank you and I'll let you know wag at happens wed.

I will be interested in hearing what the judge says on Wednesday.
Hello Quincy, I just got out of court and they did foreclose on my house and judge said that they did not do it right because no one was notified and so he is going to over turn the foreclosure. They have already cleaned my house out so will I be compensated for that ? He did not go over any of the other issues ONLY asked if I was taking off work for this and I told him yes I'm losing $200. A day. But my job is secure but I'd like to get this over with soon as possible. So he reset it for 30 days from now.

quincy

Hello Quincy, I just got out of court and they did foreclose on my house and judge said that they did not do it right because no one was notified and so he is going to over turn the foreclosure. They have already cleaned my house out so will I be compensated for that ? He did not go over any of the other issues ONLY asked if I was taking off work for this and I told him yes I'm losing $200. A day. But my job is secure but I'd like to get this over with soon as possible. So he reset it for 30 days from now.
You should be compensated for any personal property in the house that you can show (through receipts or pictures) belonged to you. You should make a list of these items.

You keep referring to the house as "your house." You might want to remind yourself that this was your father's house and it is part of his estate that may need to be sold to satisfy your father's debts.

It is interesting to me that the judge is halting the foreclosure. Please let us know what happens at the next hearing.

You should be compensated for any personal property in the house that you can show (through receipts or pictures) belonged to you. You should make a list of these items.

You keep referring to the house as "your house." You might want to remind yourself that this was your father's house and it is part of his estate that may need to be sold to satisfy your father's debts.

It is interesting to me that the judge is halting the foreclosure. Please let us know what happens at the next hearing.
Why is that interesting please tell me I'm trying to learn everything I can because I'm having to go against and stand up for myself the only help them have with this is y'all which I am extremely grateful for And of course I will keep you informed of everything that happened with this

quincy

Why is that interesting please tell me I'm trying to learn everything I can because I'm having to go against and stand up for myself the only help them have with this is y'all which I am extremely grateful for And of course I will keep you informed of everything that happened with this
The mortgage company needs to be involved so I am interested in the judge's action, that's all.

You were told by the judge that you can contact the administrator of the estate with your questions. I recommend you do that. When you have questions about what is being done with the house, or need clarification, ask the administrator. The administrator knows her actions are being monitored so you should get a timely response.

The judge appears to be addressing your concerns. I would leave it to him to make sure the administrator is not mismanaging your father's estate.

Good luck.

Well I refer to it as my house because I bought it I put down pymnt on it I paid for it but I didn't qualify for it back in 2000 so my dad put it in his name . I understand that legally it is his because of paper but that is the reason I refer to it as my house. There is or was only one claim against estate and the judge dismissed it also. They took almost of my pictures and what receipts I had they cleaned out entire house.

quincy

Well I refer to it as my house because I bought it I put down pymnt on it I paid for it but I didn't qualify for it back in 2000 so my dad put it in his name . I understand that legally it is his because of paper but that is the reason I refer to it as my house. There is or was only one claim against estate and the judge dismissed it also. They took almost of my pictures and what receipts I had they cleaned out entire house.
I understand.

It appears mistakes might have been made with the handling of your father's estate and the judge is reviewing the matter for this reason. You can hold the administrator accountable for errors made by the administrator that caused you, as a beneficiary, a loss.

I don't know all that is going on - obviously - but much seems wrong with what you have described. It seems important facts might be missing. Although I would like to be able to assist you, I am not sure what else to tell you. It might be time for you to sit down with an attorney in your area for a personal review.

I understand.

It appears mistakes might have been made with the handling of your father's estate and the judge is reviewing the matter for this reason. You can hold the administrator accountable for errors made by the administrator that caused you, as a beneficiary, a loss.

I don't know all that is going on - obviously - but much seems wrong with what you have described. It seems important facts might be missing. Although I would like to be able to assist you, I am not sure what else to tell you. It might be time for you to sit down with an attorney in your area for a personal review.
I have called several attorneys concerning this matter but one flat out told me I should check in Dallas area because I won't find one to go against one of thief own and when I call Dallas the problem is that since it ain't a substantial estate it ain't worth thief time so here I sit looking to y'all for advice seems no one cares about morals or integrity just money. She is bonded for $75000. And I know she never filed his taxes either. Plus my dad retired from ups with 30 plus yrs I know he has stocks and shares and pension and I can't believe he didn't have some kind of life ins or something. How do I find these things out?

I have called several attorneys concerning this matter but one flat out told me I should check in Dallas area because I won't find one to go against one of thief own and when I call Dallas the problem is that since it ain't a substantial estate it ain't worth thief time so here I sit looking to y'all for advice seems no one cares about morals or integrity just money. She is bonded for $75000. And I know she never filed his taxes either. Plus my dad retired from ups with 30 plus yrs I know he has stocks and shares and pension and I can't believe he didn't have some kind of life ins or something. How do I find these things out?
However I did a litter research and appears the lender ocean has had several instances where they did not file procedures when it came to foreclosures and that was the lender before I went was max which was same story apparently they would just sign off on things and people would have to go to court over it and they overturned many and in some cases sold property at reduced area value.

quincy

The judge is looking into the actions of the administrator of your dad's estate. There will be an accounting of what has been done, what needs to be done and what, if anything, should not have been done.

I am not sure there is much more to tell you.

If you think now is the time to file a complaint against the administrator, you can make use of the link I provided to you earlier.

Good luck.

The judge is looking into the actions of the administrator of your dad's estate. There will be an accounting of what has been done, what needs to be done and what, if anything, should not have been done.

I am not sure there is much more to tell you.

If you think now is the time to file a complaint against the administrator, you can make use of the link I provided to you earlier.

Good luck.
Once again thank you, I do want to this administrator to be liable . I trusted her and she needs to be aware of her that what she does or doesn't do affects people's lives

quincy

Once again thank you, I do want to this administrator to be liable . I trusted her and she needs to be aware of her that what she does or doesn't do affects people's lives
The administrator was appointed by the court so I am sure the court trusted her as well.

You have made the court aware of the problems you saw in the administrator's handling of the estate and the court is looking into it. If there are irregularities, these will be noted. The administrator's bond can be forfeited and you can seek compensation through a civil action.

If you have questions, contact the administrator through the email account, as directed by the judge. The judge is re-visiting the matter in less than 30 days. You can again make up a list of questions and concerns that go unaddressed by the administrator when you contact her by email. You can present the list to the judge at the next hearing.

There appears to be little for you to do right now.

The administrator was appointed by the court so I am sure the court trusted her as well.

You have made the court aware of the problems you saw in the administrator's handling of the estate and the court is looking into it. If there are irregularities, these will be noted. The administrator's bond can be forfeited and you can seek compensation through a civil action.

If you have questions, contact the administrator through the email account, as directed by the judge. The judge is re-visiting the matter in less than 30 days. You can again make up a list of questions and concerns that go unaddressed by the administrator when you contact her by email. You can present the list to the judge at the next hearing.

There appears to be little for you to do right now.
Thank you I'll do just that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">