• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never calls back or answers phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Concerned4480

What is the name of your state (Colorado)

What route am I able to take when the attourney that I have already paid will not return my calls after more then 3 weeks.

Also, recently I had a court date (week ago) and the only way I was able to get information was to call the court house myself. Which I was then informed from a court house clerk that this attourney had accepted a plea bargain on my behalf without contacting me, but she was unable to go into the details with me.

I also live out of state of Colorado, so I'm not able to go to his office. The only time they answered my call in 2 months is when I called from a local number, when I was in Colorado on business which they did not know. His office will not recieve blocked numbers.

I simply just want to know what is happening with my case, I currently have no way to find out. Then for him to take a plea without talking to me is very concerning. The court date that he took a plea at was more then a week ago and I have left 3-4 messages since then. I have never recieved a call back for those or any of my message in the past, basically I've been in the dark for almost 2 months now what is happening on my behalf. No one ever answers or calls back and has got to the point of frustration and concern of how my case is being handled.

Is there anything legal I am able to do or is there anyone I am able to contact within the State of Colorado to have this issue resolved.

Any help that your able to provide will be greatly appreciated, since I am getting NO help from the lawyer that I have already paid half upfront.

Thank You

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (Colorado)

What route am I able to take when the attourney that I have already paid will not return my calls after more then 3 weeks.

Also, recently I had a court date (week ago) and the only way I was able to get information was to call the court house myself. Which I was then informed from a court house clerk that this attourney had accepted a plea bargain on my behalf without contacting me, but she was unable to go into the details with me.

I also live out of state of Colorado, so I'm not able to go to his office. The only time they answered my call in 2 months is when I called from a local number, when I was in Colorado on business which they did not know. His office will not recieve blocked numbers.

I simply just want to know what is happening with my case, I currently have no way to find out. Then for him to take a plea without talking to me is very concerning. The court date that he took a plea at was more then a week ago and I have left 3-4 messages since then. I have never recieved a call back for those or any of my message in the past, basically I've been in the dark for almost 2 months now what is happening on my behalf. No one ever answers or calls back and has got to the point of frustration and concern of how my case is being handled.

Is there anything legal I am able to do or is there anyone I am able to contact within the State of Colorado to have this issue resolved.

Any help that your able to provide will be greatly appreciated, since I am getting NO help from the lawyer that I have already paid half upfront.

Thank You
**A: contact your local bar association and they will be able to help you with a referral to the proper office to file a written complaint.

Concerned4480

**A: contact your local bar association and they will be able to help you with a referral to the proper office to file a written complaint.
Thank you for your previous post.

I'm assuming when you replied "local bar association" you are referring to the Colorado bar Association, if not am I suppose to contact the current state Bar association that I live in?

A: If I am to take that route what will most likely be the outcome (procedure)?

B: Considering he has already taken a plea on my behalf would this be the best approach considering the time frame I am working with now?

C: Is there any other options other then going through the bar association?

D: What kind of actions is the bar association able to take on a matter like this?

E: Should I consider with holding the remaining funds that is owed when this case was suppose to come to a conclusion, if so what legal rights do I have?

Thank You

mrrobert

contact bar that attorney is in

this is a sad & common scenario.

I can understand how stressful of the unknown.

IF he took a PB without consulting you, that is a bad sign.

I think other posters gave good advice about contacting the BAR & to try to get a full refund...

you might start looking for a replacement to take over case.

also the remaining funds may be needed for getting a new attorney.I would not give this joker anymore $

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">