• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Consent to a consent order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eden09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I am in a custody case - there was a consent order that was to be drafted and agreed upon by both lawyers - well the plaintiffs attorney drafted and submitted an order to the judge which was signed - I have an emaial from my attorney stating this is not at alll what was agreed to - the order was completely written to my disadvantage and no one agreed to it - it even has changing permanent custody to temporary - I fired my attorney but she still stated she will fix the order - now they refuse to - what can I do?

latigo

I fail to see the purpose of your posting here or any sense in it.

You tell us that opposing counsel submitted a proposed temporary custody order that supposedly was to be approved by your attorney before it was submitted to the court. That it wasn’t pre-approved or stipulated to and would not have been, but the judge signed it anyway.

Then you fired your attorney and seem upset because now she won’t “fix the order”. Are you so naïve as to think that she can continue to act on behalf of a former client?

eden09

no consent to consent order

My attorney didnt act on my behalf thats why i fored her actually the person in charge of her law firm agreed with me that it should be fixed and he agreed to have her fix it because it was something she did wrong.

My purpose for posting is to see if I can sue her and to see how I go about fixing the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">