• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Representation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgtapp1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I hired an attorney at a cost of one thousand dollars. He appeared for my arrainment on 10/25/04 but did not stay, instead had another attorney to stand in for him. On trial date my council did not show. Because I did not have councel, I was detained to be put in jail. I spoke with the Judge and ask if I could speak with a public defender. I did, and was represented by a public defender in my trial. I paid a fee of one hundred dollars. I feel that I was not properly represented by the attorney that I hired and I think that I should have my money back and maybe even more. Is this a matter for smalls claims court or do I need to hire another attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">