• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Attorney Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RScordam

I might be relocating to New Mexico in the next six months. Is it legal there for non-lawyers to do legal document preparation?

I currently reside in FL. I have a BS in Paralegal Studies. Have worked many years as a paralegal in various law firms in FL and NJ. For the past 3 years, I have been doing my own business as an independent paralegal, Legal Document Preparer, SSD Advocate and Notary.

What I am wondering is if I could keep doing my own business doing those things in New Mexico?

Magdela

I might be relocating to New Mexico in the next six months. Is it legal there for non-lawyers to do legal document preparation?

I currently reside in FL. I have a BS in Paralegal Studies. Have worked many years as a paralegal in various law firms in FL and NJ. For the past 3 years, I have been doing my own business as an independent paralegal, Legal Document Preparer, SSD Advocate and Notary.

What I am wondering is if I could keep doing my own business doing those things in New Mexico?

Check with the bar association in that state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">