• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oklahoma State requirements to practice Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latigo

Oklahoma,
Is an Attorney required to be insured to practice law in the state of Oklahoma?
Insured for what? If you are asking about E&O, and not life, health, auto, home, work comp, disability, etc., etc., then say so.

Unlike Western Union the site doesn't charge by the word.

INEED_AN_ANSWER

Call/email the OK State Bar Association and ask them.
Now why didn't I think of that instead of going through all the trouble making a profile account here to ask for answer that are better left not answered. I mean really?, why even bother to answer unless you have an answer?. I'm not stupid and have been there done that. Getting a simple answer from those who should have one is next to impossible. That is why I am here now. Thanks for the effort¿.

INEED_AN_ANSWER

Insured for what? If you are asking about E&O, and not life, health, auto, home, work comp, disability, etc., etc., then say so.

Unlike Western Union the site doesn't charge by the word.
Really? Wow, why are you even on here trying to answer peoples questions with sarcastic replies?. Western union and charging by the word?. You have way too much time on your hands. Please use it with someone else thank you.
Just for giggles tho' how does insurance for malpractice like Negligence work for ya?. I am not the Attorney here but I sure would not have figured the question was asking about auto/home or health insurance... Ever heard of anyone being Licensed and bonded?.

TigerD

A better question is: Why do you care?

If you graduated law school and were considering hanging a shingle, you wouldn't need to ask that question here.
Implicit in your question is a desire to sue an attorney for some reason: malpractice, slip and fall, car accident ... we don't know.

Your problem is that you are being deliberately elusive, which impacts the quality of the advice we can provide.

And frankly, you are a bit of a butt.

TD

xylene

OK, lets ask another way, When you googled this exact question, what part of the answer was confusing?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Now why didn't I think of that instead of going through all the trouble making a profile account here to ask for answer that are better left not answered. I mean really?, why even bother to answer unless you have an answer?. I'm not stupid and have been there done that. Getting a simple answer from those who should have one is next to impossible. That is why I am here now. Thanks for the effort¿.
Wait a second there...

You actually CONTACTED the folks who would be the best authority on this matter and decided that they didn't know what they were talking about? Then, you decided to go "...through all the trouble making a profile account here to ask for answer (sic)..."? What makes you think that we would be a better authority than the state bar? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

Just Blue

Really? Wow, why are you even on here trying to answer peoples questions with sarcastic replies?. Western union and charging by the word?. You have way too much time on your hands. Please use it with someone else thank you.
Just for giggles tho' how does insurance for malpractice like Negligence work for ya?. I am not the Attorney here but I sure would not have figured the question was asking about auto/home or health insurance... Ever heard of anyone being Licensed and bonded?.
Rude children^ need to hire an Attorney to ask their LEGAL QUESTIONS.

Have a Nice day
Blue

quincy

... I'm not stupid and have been there [Oklahoma Bar] done that. Getting a simple answer from those who should have one is next to impossible. That is why I am here now ...
If you were as vague with your question to the Oklahoma State Bar as you were here, and if you were as rude to the Oklahoma State Bar as you have been here, I am not surprised you did not get a simple answer. When looking for FREE answers and FREE help, you should learn to respect those with the ability to provide both.

Here is a link to the Oklahoma Bar Association site with information provided by Jennifer Beale in an article written for the Oklahoma Bar Journal, October 6, 2012, Volume 83, Number 26: http://www.okbar.org/members/MAP/StartingALawPractice/InsuranceLawyers.aspx

You will note in reading this article that there are many types of insurance an attorney can (and probably should) have, hence latigo's post asking for clarification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">