• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

livingexcellent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I received a Subpoena from louisiana to be a witness in a criminal felony case. Louisiana VS. the person. I would be a witness for Louisiana. I live in Nevada and do not wish to appear. I haven't spoken to anyone since and do not not think I am a material witness. Gave my statement to officers at the scene while visiting earlier this year and haven't spoken to anyone since. Do I have to go? The subpoena was mailed regular mail from LA. to Las Vegas Nevada. This would be a financial hardship for me. Does Louisiana have jurisdiction in Nevada? Who would pay my expenses flight,hotel etc.??? Also the last name on the subpoena is my first married name over 10 years ago. This is not my name now.Gave them the correct name don't know how they goofed. Event involved my ex-sister-in-law of the same last name I had years ago. I was visiting.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I received a Subpoena from louisiana to be a witness in a criminal felony case. Louisiana VS. the person. I would be a witness for Louisiana. I live in Nevada and do not wish to appear. I haven't spoken to anyone since and do not not think I am a material witness. Gave my statement to officers at the scene while visiting earlier this year and haven't spoken to anyone since. Do I have to go? The subpoena was mailed regular mail from LA. to Las Vegas Nevada. This would be a financial hardship for me. Does Louisiana have jurisdiction in Nevada? Who would pay my expenses flight,hotel etc.??? Also the last name on the subpoena is my first married name over 10 years ago. This is not my name now.Gave them the correct name don't know how they goofed. Event involved my ex-sister-in-law of the same last name I had years ago. I was visiting.
If you don't attend and refuse to testify you may have a warrant sworn out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">