• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HELPNURSENFL

FLORIDA

I am writing to ask, actually BEG for help with a sudden problem regarding my personal injury case that has been going on for over 5 years. There is so much to the situation at this point so I will try and give the Cliff Note version of what has gone on, where I’m at, and the type of help I’m looking for, but honestly at this point I don’t even know what type of help I need to look for.

The unfortunate event happened 5 years ago out at a beach resort that involves a ceiling fan coming apart and me losing teeth……….that used to be the interesting part of this story however it takes a backseat to my new problem.

After my attorney reviewed the facts he agreed to take the case and all was well up until about a month ago, but looking back things were not well and I should have done something about it when I started to wonder why I continually had the same conversation with my attorney every time we spoke, but that’s all water under the bridge now and I feel like I am sitting here wondering if its normal to feel like I should have hired an attorney to watch out for my attorney…..? With that being said, as of this date I no longer have an attorney for reasons I won’t bore you with and yes he went before the judge and got himself off this case 3 weeks before my case was supposed to go to trial which was not my decision, he set all of that up the first of the year, we are literally right in the middle of settling out of court and he does this………….and I have NO idea what to do. I do know how to read and I have spent time on the PC to find out what I do which is why I am hoping someone/anyone can point me in the right direction. I wrote my ex attorney and have asked him if there is anything I need to do or sign something etc., I hear nothing but from what I have read I think I’m supposed to be able to get my information if I am a PRO SE, another new word I’m learning………I have the other attorney sending e mail with dates and places I’m supposed to be in regards to this case and come to find out he has the wrong Court room and Judge info in the letter so I am just so lost…..I don’t know what my rights are in regards to speaking with the other attorney about settling, should I speak to him at all, do I tell him he keeps sending me the wrong info on where to be.?? HELP, I want another attorney but I feel like I don’t want to be in the circus anymore so what attorney in their right mind would get involved in this..I just can’t let all this fall apart, it has taken so much out of me in every way and I am so close to settling, Can anyone point me in the right direction, do I have any rights..???? Thanks for taking the time to read this, I am just so upset and sick about this....

Proserpina

You can ask the court for a continuance until you can find another attorney to take your case or at least give you some breathing room until you can learn and understand exactly how the process is going to work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">