• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

custompump

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? cali.
My biz. failed at the beggining of the year.
I filed bankruptcy with a law firm in March.
The paper work was always completed on my part and returned in a timely fashon.
The firm would pass me on to other lawyers in the firm and they would request the same info over and over. No poblem we did all that was asked of us.
I assumed everything was going fine and would call from time to time to check up , only to get voice mail.
June 5th was the last time I actually spoke to someone and things were fine.
Since then my house has gone to foreclosure and will go on sale Nov. 5.
I called the law firm and they said my case must have slipt through the cracks and they appoligized!
They want me to start the process all over agian. This will take alot of time and I dont think I can go thru it as im afraid im having mental/ stress issues from all this and Im in a bad way finacially and emotionally.
I cant help but think that had this firm done the job I paid them to do I may have been able to keep my family in our home.
What should I do?!
I cant afford a lawyer.
Thank in advance

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? cali.
My biz. failed at the beggining of the year.
I filed bankruptcy with a law firm in March.
The paper work was always completed on my part and returned in a timely fashon.
The firm would pass me on to other lawyers in the firm and they would request the same info over and over. No poblem we did all that was asked of us.
I assumed everything was going fine and would call from time to time to check up , only to get voice mail.
June 5th was the last time I actually spoke to someone and things were fine.
Since then my house has gone to foreclosure and will go on sale Nov. 5.
I called the law firm and they said my case must have slipt through the cracks and they appoligized!
They want me to start the process all over agian. This will take alot of time and I dont think I can go thru it as im afraid im having mental/ stress issues from all this and Im in a bad way finacially and emotionally.
I cant help but think that had this firm done the job I paid them to do I may have been able to keep my family in our home.
What should I do?!
I cant afford a lawyer.
Thank in advance
**A: when you say you filed BK, don't you mean you hired the law firm to file the BK petition for you? The BK should have been filed in June or July at the latest. How much did you pay?

custompump

Hi

I paid $1800.00.
I started in march, and last spoke to them in june.
When I called them on 10/15 they appologized for losing my file.
Now they want me to start allove again. And Im busy packin and finding homes for horses and dogs, and losing it in front of kids!
I have tried callin them in the mean time and only got v/mail.
thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">