• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Se Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angieshue

What is the name of your state? MO.

Is it a possibility to sue a person as an attorney if they are representing themself in a civil matter (pro se attorney)? And if they are using in forma pauperis, what type of legal documentation do they have to obtain to further their filing, any answers?

seniorjudge

angieshue said:
What is the name of your state? MO.

Is it a possibility to sue a person as an attorney if they are representing themself in a civil matter (pro se attorney)? And if they are using in forma pauperis, what type of legal documentation do they have to obtain to further their filing, any answers?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1157769#post1157769

What does this have to do with your other thread?

Q: Is it a possibility to sue a person as an attorney if they are representing themself in a civil matter (pro se attorney)?

A: Your question is incomprehensible. But, anyway, you can sue anyone for anything at any time and at any place. Whether you win or not is a different story.

Q: And if they are using in forma pauperis, what type of legal documentation do they have to obtain to further their filing, any answers?

A: Again, this is incomprehensible. If you are asking what they have to show to get to file in forma pauperis, the answer is not much. It varies from county to county and even from judge to judge. All it does is waive the filing fee so it is not a big deal.

angieshue

This has NOTHING to do with my other threads, just a case in which a person is suing in forma pauperis as her own attorney (pro se), in a child support modification case. I just wondered what type of legal documents she will have to show to the judge to prove she isn't liable for this child support, which is what she is claiming.

seniorjudge

Q: I just wondered what type of legal documents she will have to show to the judge to prove she isn't liable for this child support, which is what she is claiming.

A: I am not sure what she would have to show to prove she is not liable for child support. You would have to post more facts.

In forma pauperis means that the filing fee (and maybe other court costs) have been waived.

Pro se means that the person is representing himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">