• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate in oklahoma laywer is very unprofessional

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soonernort

ok thanks for looking any advise would be appreciated, i hired a lawyer to do a probate in march of 2004 so its been over 16 months now and i get the same story every week i think i can have it next week. keep in mind this is a simple probate no one protesting it just a matter of changing names. for the first few months he kept me updated said it was almost done, recently he's been telling me that he didn't file it when he should have, then he told me he filed it wrong and had to refile it, now he says he don't have it done because his wife has been sick. every week its a new story and a call me back next week i think ill have it done. i know a probate takes time, i've been calling other lawyers and they all say 6-9 months to complete it since no one is fighting it. any advise would mean alot thanks and godbless

frustrated in oklahoma
danny

Dandy Don

Did you pay this attorney a retainer fee or sign a contract with him?

You need to visit this man in his office and get an explanation of what has been up until now, but that would probably be fruitless as well. Fire this creep and get someone else to do the job right.

Dandy Don

Did you pay this attorney a retainer fee or sign a contract with him?

What exactly do you mean about the "changing names" part?

You need to visit this man in his office and get a written explanation of what has been done up until now, but that would probably be fruitless as well. Fire this creep and get someone else to do the job right.

Then file a complaint against him with the Oklahoma Bar Association.

soonernort

yes i have paid him the intial amount to start which was 1,000 i am supposed to pay the rest at the end of the probate by switching names i mean, there was no will so the land belongs to the 2 remaining kids of the deceased, ew have to have the land probated to put into the 2 relatives name. if that made any sence. i have been to see him several times and just get the run around, filed late, filed wrong, wife sick etc..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">