• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation: Unsuccessful Term

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Twztdlilangel

I was charged with disorderly conduct a few years back in Florida, and I was required to take anger management and enroll in probation. I was in the process of moving to Michigan so I requested that they put me on a mail-in status. I was talking to a lawyer recently and he was looking at my record and said that I didn't successfully complete my probation but could not tell me why. I immediately got on the phone with the probation office to figure out why I didn't successfully complete it because I know that I did everything I was supposed to. After getting passed a very rude lady, I was able to get to someone who could tell me why. They said that I never completed my anger management class. The problem is, I did! I also have a certificate to prove that it was done before the deadline as well. They proceeded to say "well you should have brought it in" and "you're lucky we didn't send you to jail". Well I know for a fact that I mailed in my certificate because since I was out of state that was the only way I could verify that I completed it. They said that I should have checked in, and now its too late to do anything about it. What are my options here? This does not look good on my record and its extremely aggravating knowing that I did everything I was supposed to and they were disorganized enough to miss it. The crazy thing is my boyfriend is on probation with them now, and he went in immediately to get an appointment set up. He just got a letter in the mail stating that he never showed up and there will be a warrant for his arrest. He had to call up there and remind them that he did indeed show up and he had them verify his appointment! Can I do anything about this?

Hot Topic

Looks like they didn't receive your proof of having finished the class. You should have sent it in a way that required someone to have to sign a form for the PO acknowledging that they got it. The form would then have gone back to you with the receiver's signature.

You'll have to contact the place where you took the class and ask if there's a way you can get certification that you completed the class by the required deadline.

If you don't get yourself into these messes, you don't have to worry about getting out of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">