• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Profanities used in court case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I had to go to court in March, my ex tried to charge me with contempt of court for visitation. As my ex husband was realizing tht he was loosing the case against me he stated 4 times the big "F" word in court and then other profanities. Shouldn't the judge either fined him for damages or for contempt. This judge just listened to his words until my ex attorney stopped him and told him not to tlk like tht in court.

S

seniorjudge

fightingabuser said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I had to go to court in March, my ex tried to charge me with contempt of court for visitation. As my ex husband was realizing tht he was loosing the case against me he stated 4 times the big "F" word in court and then other profanities. Shouldn't the judge either fined him for damages or for contempt. This judge just listened to his words until my ex attorney stopped him and told him not to tlk like tht in court.
Q: Shouldn't the judge either fined him for damages or for contempt.

A: No; the judge saw no reason for contempt charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">