• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public defender tells me to go see a shrink and he will get case dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latverian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

This is not something I plan to follow up on but want to know my recourse should I ever be forced to.

I was under investigation by local PD. I ended up ion court on a $35 bounced check. I was in court for a year over it it kept getting put off. My public defender comes to me and says I of I go see their psychiatrist and bring them the paper work on it he will get the case dismissed

This was done I m guessing cause the local PD wanted to have documentation. Saying I wes mentally unstable cause of how they abused my civil rights during the course of the investigation. Which I didn't care cause I just wanted them to dig to the truth with their investigation. I understand how's things should be done at times.

But the PD was clearly working for the police and not for me! I finally told the judge I wanted to fire him and represent my self and she told me I couldn't do that..

I'm still under investigation. They had my phone taped. I called two attorneys to take council and the police knew who I called and went to them and told them in was a pedophile and a drug dealer so that no one would represent me. Both attorneys they went and said this two have confirmed this to me.

Like I said I don't want to or plan to follow up on this unless I'm thrown under the bus aka set up.

Adivce?

I'm in kentucky

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

This is not something I plan to follow up on but want to know my recourse should I ever be forced to.

I was under investigation by local PD. I ended up ion court on a $35 bounced check. I was in court for a year over it it kept getting put off. My public defender comes to me and says I of I go see their psychiatrist and bring them the paper work on it he will get the case dismissed

This was done I m guessing cause the local PD wanted to have documentation. Saying I wes mentally unstable cause of how they abused my civil rights during the course of the investigation. Which I didn't care cause I just wanted them to dig to the truth with their investigation. I understand how's things should be done at times.

But the PD was clearly working for the police and not for me! I finally told the judge I wanted to fire him and represent my self and she told me I couldn't do that..

I'm still under investigation. They had my phone taped. I called two attorneys to take council and the police knew who I called and went to them and told them in was a pedophile and a drug dealer so that no one would represent me. Both attorneys they went and said this two have confirmed this to me.

Like I said I don't want to or plan to follow up on this unless I'm thrown under the bus aka set up.

Adivce?

I'm in kentucky
So, you decided to abandon your defamation thread and start a new thread, huh? Being called a pedophile and a drug dealer by the police is pretty serious stuff if the statements the police made are false. Do you know why the police would tell such horrible lies to the attorneys you contacted?

I do feel the need to tell you that public defenders work for their clients and not for the police. Most public defenders know the judges and the prosecutors and the police well because they have large case loads, putting them in court with the judges and the prosecutors and the police on a regular basis. Public defenders often have an excellent knowledge of the law, and those they work around in court, for this reason.

I think the explanation behind the $35 bounced check leading to a psychiatric examination is probably more than a legal forum can handle. My advice is that, if you do not trust the attorney you currently have, you should locate a private attorney in your area to assist you (I suppose you should locate this attorney without the knowledge of the police ;)), and the attorney you hire can be substituted for the public defender (with permission from the court).

Good luck.

Latverian

I know why they did it but I really don't care at this point. What's done is done and digging up the past and stirring up trouble causes nothing but grief for all parties.

I just want to !move forward with my life. I! Only asking just in case I'm ever tried to be set up and thrown under the bus by them on trumped up charges.

Let's just say during the course of the investigation they broke some laws and violated my rights and since killing me was not an option discrediting me by making me appear like a nut case is the order of the day

quincy

I know why they did it but I really don't care at this point. What's done is done and digging up the past and stirring up trouble causes nothing but grief for all parties.

I just want to !move forward with my life. I! Only asking just in case I'm ever tried to be set up and thrown under the bus by them on trumped up charges.

Let's just say during the course of the investigation they broke some laws and violated my rights and since killing me was not an option discrediting me by making me appear like a nut case is the order of the day
I suppose the police are smart, at least, to try discrediting you by making you appear like a nut case rather than trying to kill you. The second option is not a good option for anyone to consider.

I hope you can move forward with your life as you want to do. Good luck.

Latverian

Yes ,moving forward and out of the state and forgetting the past is all I care about. I wish no one or no agency's any I'll will or grief.

Just to get on !my with life. But is good to know just in case others might not want to let the past stay in the past and move forward.

quincy

Yes ,moving forward and out of the state and forgetting the past is all I care about. I wish no one or no agency's any I'll will or grief.

Just to get on !my with life. But is good to know just in case others might not want to let the past stay in the past and move forward.
It is always smart to be armed with some knowledge, just in case. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">