• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Railroading.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wishbone

What is the name of your state?TX

My father was recently arrested for embezzlement for over $300,000. He can easily disprove over $200,000 of it, reducing the punishment range. His bond was set at an extremely high amount, that of which many bondsmen have stated that they have never seen a bond that high for such an offense. He recently was told by his court appointed attorney that the DA had agreed to give 10 years probation if he would plea guilty. His lawyer told him after he plead guilty, when the judge asked if any deals had been made with the DA, for him to say "No". My father followed the attorney's instructions, and the judge gave 40 years. He was not able to disprove anything. The judge just glared at him. My father is now pursuing a jury trial in an attempt for a less severe sentence. This whole situation seems shady. What options does my father have? (He has not even received a bond reduction hearing.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">