• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recourse against judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

italyhope

Texas. Went to family court yesterday and judge had the plaintiff take oath to tell the truth but did not make the defendent. The defendant blatenly lied on the stand and the judge did not allow for questioning about these lies. What recourse do I have?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Texas. Went to family court yesterday and judge had the plaintiff take oath to tell the truth but did not make the defendent. The defendant blatenly lied on the stand and the judge did not allow for questioning about these lies. What recourse do I have?
Why didn't anyone object on the record to the defendant not being sworn? What type of questions were being asked? Admissible questions? Relevant questions? Or questions that were objectionable under the rules of evidence? Why didn't the judge allow the questions to be asked?

latigo

Let’s don’t generalize, shall we? Give us something to chew on!

Like some examples of the defendant’s testimony that you claim was false.

And with each example describe the evidence that you or your attorney (if you had one) offered in rebuttal to attempt to discredit these lies.

Then explain what is meant by this statement:

The judge did not allow for questioning about these lies”.

Are you telling us that the judge DID NOT permit the plaintiff to cross-examine the defendant to test the veracity of that testimony? That you were not permitted to present rebuttal evidence?

I DON’T THINK SO! Nor are you going to convince any other trial lawyer.

WHAT I THINK is that you came out on the wrong end of the family court hearing and are looking to blame everyone and everything in the courthouse OTHER than the adequacy of your own case and how professionally it was prepared and presented!

Because if you’d come out on top, we wouldn’t have heard a word from you about who lied about what, or who was able to question whom about what.

The judge would be a legal genius among legal geniuses with the only unanswered question, “Why isn’t he on the Supreme Court?” Exactly as the defendant is probably extolling him now.

CourtClerk

Why is it that people for some reason think that taking an oath to tell the truth equates to people ACTUALLY telling the truth? If they were going to tell the truth, they would do so regardless of an oath. If they are going to lie... well guess what? They are going to lie regardless of that same oath.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">