• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

release of medical information-not authorized

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

law2769

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NEW YORK
I am involved in a family court case where the CPS worker visited a possible placement home for one of my children. While she was there she revealed to this person the negative test results of my hair follicle test. Now when I called CPS to get the results of my test, part of the document that I received was the cover letter to which states that this is confidential information and can not be disclosed to anyone with out a court order. I know that this family member who was told this information did not obtain a court order to find out this information. Not only did the CPS worker tell my family member the results, but she also told her "she knew I did something to alter the results"; to which the accusation is false. I am wondering if I can sue this person for this release of information as well as slander. Not only that, but my 16 year old daughter was having a relationship with a 27 year old male. I have been to all sectors of the police, family court and victims assistance to no avail. How can I also go back on the state for endangering the welfare of a child for this. I am mad as hell because they came in my home and took my children based on wrongful allegations alledged my troublesome 16 year old after I put an end to the relationship when I found out about it. She told them that there was drugs in the house, to which there was and I had told the officer (who also busted her in school at 15 for possession of marijuana) that I had removed the marijuana from my daughters room a few days earlier along with a bong. The only reason I did not dispose of these items was because I wanted to make sure that I was not going to need them for evidence against my daughter if she did not get her act together. I know this is all very complicated...how do you think I feel. The CPS worker is trying to charge me with neglect for not getting her the help see needed but I also have a letter from the school that said that they were refering her to the student alcohol and substance abuse counsel. What are my options?

mycarlb

How many times are you going to post this... you need only post once. The usually response to multiple posts is none because we get tired of seeing it all over the boards...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">