• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting an Unethical Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunkjazz

What is the name of your state? CA

I called the California State Bar and tried to report an unethical lawyer. They told me that since I was not the lawyer's client there was nothing I could do. Is this true?

If I can report the lawyer what is the best way to go about it.

To the person who censors my posts...I realize the the law field is a good ol' boy network (they like to protect their own), but this lawyer is a very bad person. I'm not talking about the merits of the case involved, I'm talking about tactics, behavior, and blatant violations of decency (evidence is available and he's been suspended for ethical violations before). There are reasons people hate lawyers and in the dictionary under "Unethical Lawyers" is this person's picture.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Stating that jihad should be declared on attorneys IS NOT a productive manner in which to receive help. Calling all attorneys pigs also is not productive nor going to get you help. Nor is it considered to fall within the terms of service on this list. It has nothing to do with good old boy network but rather with the manner in which you come across as posting threats. If you believe we attorneys are all pigs and a holy war should be waged against us why should we waste our time and volunteer to help the likes of you?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? CA

I called the California State Bar and tried to report an unethical lawyer. They told me that since I was not the lawyer's client there was nothing I could do. Is this true?

If I can report the lawyer what is the best way to go about it.

To the person who censors my posts...I realize the the law field is a good ol' boy network (they like to protect their own), but this lawyer is a very bad person. I'm not talking about the merits of the case involved, I'm talking about tactics, behavior, and blatant violations of decency (evidence is available and he's been suspended for ethical violations before). There are reasons people hate lawyers and in the dictionary under "Unethical Lawyers" is this person's picture.
Since it was not your lawyer, you have no standing to complain.

moburkes

Since it was not your lawyer, you have no standing to complain.
Don't say that. Then he can file a lawsuit against the CA Bar Association for lying to him as well. They would absolutely, positively give incorrect advise because they don't want to take his complaint.

And, OP is just dumb. In a court case, there are at least 3 lawyers involved, all on different sides, and, in most cases, only one of the 2 who represents his client will "win". Therefore, because of the old boy network, there is no point in going to court, since they will all win. Faulty logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">