Closed Thread
    bfunkjazz is offline Member

Reporting an Unethical Lawyer

What is the name of your state? CA

I called the California State Bar and tried to report an unethical lawyer. They told me that since I was not the lawyer's client there was nothing I could do. Is this true?

If I can report the lawyer what is the best way to go about it.

To the person who censors my posts...I realize the the law field is a good ol' boy network (they like to protect their own), but this lawyer is a very bad person. I'm not talking about the merits of the case involved, I'm talking about tactics, behavior, and blatant violations of decency (evidence is available and he's been suspended for ethical violations before). There are reasons people hate lawyers and in the dictionary under "Unethical Lawyers" is this person's picture.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Stating that jihad should be declared on attorneys IS NOT a productive manner in which to receive help. Calling all attorneys pigs also is not productive nor going to get you help. Nor is it considered to fall within the terms of service on this list. It has nothing to do with good old boy network but rather with the manner in which you come across as posting threats. If you believe we attorneys are all pigs and a holy war should be waged against us why should we waste our time and volunteer to help the likes of you?
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfunkjazz View Post
    What is the name of your state? CA

I called the California State Bar and tried to report an unethical lawyer. They told me that since I was not the lawyer's client there was nothing I could do. Is this true?

If I can report the lawyer what is the best way to go about it.

To the person who censors my posts...I realize the the law field is a good ol' boy network (they like to protect their own), but this lawyer is a very bad person. I'm not talking about the merits of the case involved, I'm talking about tactics, behavior, and blatant violations of decency (evidence is available and he's been suspended for ethical violations before). There are reasons people hate lawyers and in the dictionary under "Unethical Lawyers" is this person's picture.
    Since it was not your lawyer, you have no standing to complain.
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    moburkes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge View Post
    Since it was not your lawyer, you have no standing to complain.
    Don't say that. Then he can file a lawsuit against the CA Bar Association for lying to him as well. They would absolutely, positively give incorrect advise because they don't want to take his complaint.

And, OP is just dumb. In a court case, there are at least 3 lawyers involved, all on different sides, and, in most cases, only one of the 2 who represents his client will "win". Therefore, because of the old boy network, there is no point in going to court, since they will all win. Faulty logic.