• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Respond to attorneys sanctions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)CA
Hello,
What type of recourse can be taken when an attorney was ordered to file motions for sanctions, in which I was to respond by the next court date. The next court day comes, I have not received the motion, the court has not received the motion. The case is continued, I receive the motions 2 days later.
The reason I am asking is because opposing counsel is asking for sanctions do to my "inability" to present him with documents in a timely manner. I am unable to get him the requested documents, since I receive the order the day before going into court. He wants me to pay his fees for the time he has spent with the extra court appearance. He was the one having to get continuances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">