• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Response for record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LucyRetardo

What is the name of your state? KY

My case was dismissed on directed verdict. This is because my attorney did not put on her case. No witnesses subpoena'd, no introduction of evidence, and no knowledge of the case even though she had it for over 1 year. In addition, I have uncovered evidence of misconduct on the part of the prevailing party and some participation from my own lawyer.

My lawyer wants to withdraw, but refused to give me back all my documents so I could get new counsel or even see what was going on. WHile she was my lawyer, she never sent me anything, wouldn't answer my calls etc. Finally I got the paralegal to agree to give me some of my files, but when I got there and was still in my auto, my lawyer flew out her door and stuck me in the face with a file of papers, and cursed me at the top of her lungs.

She is withdrawing and I have no problem with that, but can I enter a response for the record even if I am not objecting.

rmet4nzkx

LucyRetardo said:

My case was dismissed on directed verdict. This is because my attorney did not put on her case. No witnesses subpoena'd, no introduction of evidence, and no knowledge of the case even though she had it for over 1 year. In addition, I have uncovered evidence of misconduct on the part of the prevailing party and some participation from my own lawyer.

My lawyer wants to withdraw, but refused to give me back all my documents so I could get new counsel or even see what was going on. WHile she was my lawyer, she never sent me anything, wouldn't answer my calls etc. Finally I got the paralegal to agree to give me some of my files, but when I got there and was still in my auto, my lawyer flew out her door and stuck me in the face with a file of papers, and cursed me at the top of her lungs.

She is withdrawing and I have no problem with that, but can I enter a response for the record even if I am not objecting.

4-10-5
My lawyer didn't tell me about....

I had a civil case that went to trial. Early on the opposing counsel, who works for the city I live in, sent my lawyer a threatening letter. After that letter, his (my lawyer) attitude changed. Essentially he failed to put on my case, by not calling any witnesses, so the case was dismissed. My lawyer did not lodge objections when the opposing counsel very abused me for over 10 minutes on the stand (that is per the tape counter).

After the case was lost by directed verdict, I got my file back and uncovered a tape of the city's counsel representing a co-defendent concurrently. The co-defendant was an adverse party in my claim so the city was actually suing him as well. However, city counsel was acting as his attorney in a separate, but similar civil proceeding.

In my case, this co-defendant represented himself, but really he wasn't since his lawyer during the same time period was the city's lawyer. the judge allowed the man pro-se lots of leeway.

after my case conclued, my own attorney refused to give me the threatening letter. Now that i have seen this tape of misconduct, it is clear that my lawyer knew about it and never told me. I believe that he intentionally kept it from me, threw the case because of the threats, and allowed all this to go on.
He felt so strongly about the letter, that when I requested it...he struck me (physically).

ANy advice?
I put your two posts together.
What was this lawsuit about? And the other cases? Have you filed a complaint with the Bar association? Have you considered appeal on ineffective counsel?

Str87daze

Ineffective counsel...

rmet4nzkx said:
What was this lawsuit about? And the other cases? Have you filed a complaint with the Bar association? Have you considered appeal on ineffective counsel?

hey I am curious on this one....can a person appeal on the basis of ineffective counsel in a civil suit or only a criminal case?

LucyRetardo

New Trial

rmet4nzkx said:

This was a food poisoning case with involvement of the City. They failed to background check the vendor and were prewarned that the man could be dangerous. Still they didn't check, and its deep.

So it was one case. I am going to file with the Bar. Can I get a new civil trial based on incompentent counsel?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">