• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richtowanda

What is the name of your state?kansas
In 1998 I was served a restraining order from my neighbors, I took it to my lawyer and he said that I couldn't build a fence, he never told me there was anything I could do about it. then a few months later I get a letter telling me that I didn't sshow up to the hearing and that a permanent restraining order is in place and will remain in full force. Should I have been notified of the hearing? Can I have the hearing redone so I can plead my case? thanks for any comments.

Last edited:

richtowanda

I fought the issue for 2 years straight , the county would not rectify the situation, the lawyers we hired did not do anything but side with the county and the people with the landlocked property and then I got served with the restraining order and two years the permanent one. I was hust beat down and thought I would wait till they moved and then request that the driveway be move into the easement at that time. Now it is only between me and the property owner and not the county.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

richtowanda said:
I fought the issue for 2 years straight , the county would not rectify the situation, the lawyers we hired did not do anything but side with the county and the people with the landlocked property and then I got served with the restraining order and two years the permanent one. I was hust beat down and thought I would wait till they moved and then request that the driveway be move into the easement at that time. Now it is only between me and the property owner and not the county.

**A: In 7 years, we will respond to your post.

richtowanda

homeguru, if you aren't going to offer good or any advice I am telling you to go away.!!!! Your post is the type of attitude that I fought against.

stephenk

richtowanda said:
Was I supposed to be notified of a hearing prior to actually being served the temporary restraining order?

Depends on what was being alleged in the TRO paperwork. Some types of TROs allow them to be entered without notice to the other party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">