• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roomate going thru seperation, do I pertain to certain agreements?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristen82

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My roomate is going through a seperation. She has a 4 year old daughter. From what I am told, There is to be no men around his daughter, and if there is, that could be grounds for him to take his daughter from my roomate,{He lives in another state} My question, If there is to be no men around his daughter and I live here to does that pertain to me also? I don't think it should seeing as how we are not a family setting in this house. She takes care of her daughter, pays her half of the bills and I pay my half and we go about our business. Can me seeing my boyfriend at my house, with them living here be grounds for him to take his daughter from her? Also, what if she has a man here? Is her trying to rebuild her life and meet new people whom if she liked or got serious about one and wanted them to meet her daughter....Could her ex do anything about that too? ANOTHER THING, IS THAT EVEN LEGAL FOR HIM TO SAY THAT THERE CAN BE NO MEN AROUND HIS DAUGHTER? SHE HASN'T SIGNED ANYTHING STATING THAT.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

kristen82 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My roomate is going through a seperation. She has a 4 year old daughter. From what I am told, There is to be no men around his daughter, and if there is, that could be grounds for him to take his daughter from my roomate, who has custody of her child now. {He lives in another state} My question, If there is to be no men around his daughter and I live here to does that pertain to me also? I don't think it should seeing as how we are not a family setting in this house. She takes care of her daughter, pays her half of the bills and I pay my half and we go about our business. Can me seeing my boyfriend at my house, with them living here be grounds for him to take his daughter from her? Also, what if she has a man here? Is her trying to rebuild her life and meet new people whom if she liked or got serious about one and wanted them to meet her daughter....Could her ex do anything about that too?
**A: yes, no men includes your BF.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">