• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Santa Clara Judges Run For The Hills To Avoid Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldySJSU

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Just an Update,

I had a demurrer hearing scheduled for Jan 26, 2010.

But is was postponed because EVERY JUDGE in the Santa Clara County recused themselves from the case.

Has anyone heard of this kind of thing happening, a mutiny of the court.

I pointed out that the ABA code is not a public policy; it was not created by elected representatives selected by the public, or voted as a voter proposition to establish voter consent to the ABA Model Code of Judicial Conduct.

Thus there is no restriction against a lay person regarding the use of the binding force of the code against any judge, and this allows for civil liabilty. This is because the document restriction for civil liablilty can only apply to members of the Bar Association. It would be unconstitutional to apply the restrictions set by representatives of the Bar on the general public, because the general public had no representation in the design of this private groups policies. Thus it is further restricted from being enforced on the public.

The Defense argued that I was not in compliance woth the California Tort claims act, but their cases establishing their precendence involved an attorney that represented all of their plaintiffs. However, I do not have any legal advice from anyone even though I asked many attorneys to represent me.

The California Tort Claims Act in my case provides that I as a non attorney can proceed because of the following case information:

The filing of a claim against a public entity is not a perfunctory condition precedent of instituting litigation; there must be compliance with the requirements of this section which will permit the government to make a meaningful decision in allowing or disallowing the claim. Eaton v. Ventura Port Dist. (App. 2 Dist. 1975) 119 Cal.Rptr. 746, 45 Cal.App.3d 862.

“Relief from failure to timely present a government tort claim is available only if the applicant establishes by a preponderance of the evidence the failure was "through mistake, inadvertence, surprise, or excusable neglect." (§ 946.6, subd. (c)(1).) Following our initial review of the petition and the record, we reached a preliminary conclusion that the so-called mistake was not excusable in view of the fact that Dzhibinyan and his counsel at all relevant times had possession of and/or readily available access to the information necessary to determine the potential liability of the DWP and simply failed to take the steps necessary to protect the right to seek relief.”[/

Since I have no lawyer, I am not a lawyer, and just moved to CA in 2007, I cannot be aware of all the rules of the CA Tort law. My case is a perfect fit of being a mistake or an excusable neglect provision of the CA Tort Claims Act. Thus the court has no basis to enforce the Ca Tort Claims act on my case.

These issues obviously are placing judges in a position where they do not want to trouble thier political future by having to enforce the laws in a manner that would cause significant trouble to those they're dependent on for their political career. Judges in CA are elected and not selected like they are in Massachussetts where I moved from. This proccesss clearly demonstrates that the Ca method of selecting judges has a serious negative impact on a judges ability to adjudicate freely.

GoldySJSU

Hey, don't attack the messenger, just giving info

It's just very funny. I paid for my day in court. I followed the rules regarding recieving arguments and providing case information that overrulled them. Even I am suprised that this has occured.

If your assumption was correct, that I had no merits in this case, the dumurrer hearing would have taken place. My case would have been dismissed.

By the way, the State Deputy Attorney General is assigned to my case. I am now fighting with the senior attornies of Sunnyvale and Mountain View. If my case was so incredibly invalid, frivolous, or without merit, why would all these senior level attornies be involved?

It would seem that if my case was so stupid, the lowest level attorney would be satisfactory in killing the ant that is trying to fight goliath. It's like trying to use a sledgehammer to kill the ant. There must be something that is alerted the giant enough that the big guns are directly involved in this case.

So, as the logic suggests, if the messenger brings bad news, don't kill the messenger. It makes no difference regarding the bad news. If you want to provide information that contradicts my arguments that I submit to court, please do? I may be stubborn, but I do not have enough information at all to understand my situation as it regards to the laws.

I am not an attorney, do not believe or ever will that I will be one at any time. That would be some kind of miracle. I do not know so much that I consider myself blind when it comes to CA law.

All I am doing is reading cases that the defense argues, and point out how they have no relevance in this case because they involved totally different sets of events.

And most importantly, all the cases were argued by CA lawyers who are specially trained to follow the rules of CA law and courts.

It seems that many in this forum do not like "uppity" lay people willing to at least try to get some justice after one has been beaten up by police officers, judges, and attornies for a situation that eventually resulted in being declared unreasonable by an appelate court unanimously.

Until I hear a court say that my complaint is without merit, no one can assume that my case is defined as such. I would treat anyone else in that same way, with respect and sensitivity. But when one goes against the grain, the grain tends to want to destroy them.

You wrote regarding the absolute requirement of following proper procedures before suing the government (including statutory exceptions):
Since I have no lawyer, I am not a lawyer, and just moved to CA in 2007, I cannot be aware of all the rules of the CA Tort law. My case is a perfect fit of being a mistake or an excusable neglect provision of the CA Tort Claims Act. Thus the court has no basis to enforce the Ca Tort Claims act on my case.
So, as I wrote:
All the judges in Santa Clara county are afraid of a pro per who's only chance in the case is to argue he's ignorant?
That's what you're claiming, right? We're not even getting to the facts of your "case" as you don't get to present it until the first part is overcome. Your argument to overcome it is because you didn't know you had to follow the procedures of the act because you're not a lawyer and just moved to the state, right? Do you know the definition of ignorance?

I'd be careful about being so proud about all the attorneys the other side as you may get to pay for them someday for wasting the state's and court's time. Please see:

Harrison v. County of Del Norte (1985) 168 Cal.App.3d 1 which says in part (emphasis mine):
[3] Excusable neglect is neglect which might have been the act or omission of a reasonably prudent person under the same or similar circumstances. (Ebersol v. Cowan (1983) 35 Cal.3d 427, 435 [197 Cal.Rptr. 601, 673 P.2d 271].) [4] Not every mistake of law is excusable. (Viles v. State of California, supra, 66 Cal.2d at p. 29.) To determine whether a person is entitled to relief for a mistake of law, the controlling factor is the reasonableness of the misconception of the law under the circumstances of the particular case. (Tammen v. County of San Diego (1967) 66 Cal.2d 468, 479 [58 Cal.Rptr. 249, 426 P.2d 753].)

[5] Generally, the mere ignorance of the time limitation for filing against a public entity is not a sufficient ground for allowing a late claim. (****** v. City of Madera (1968) 265 Cal.App.2d 76, 79 [70 Cal.Rptr. 908].) Moreover, ignorance of the possible cause of action against the public entity is insufficient to constitute excusable neglect. "Failure to discover the alleged basis of the cause of action in time is also not a compelling showing in the absence of reasonable diligence exercised for the purpose of discovering the facts." (Tsingaris v. State of California (1979) 91 Cal.App.3d 312, 314 [154 Cal.Rptr. 135]; see also El Dorado Irrigation Dist. v. Superior Court (1979) 98 Cal.App.3d 57 [159 Cal.Rptr. 267].) fn. 5
Please distinguish to avoid sanctions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Happy - it may have been before you started here, but I think Goldy wants to argue that a blue LED is not a blue light as far as the vehicle code is concerned.

I could be wrong - my apologies if I am...

You wrote regarding the absolute requirement of following proper procedures before suing the government (including statutory exceptions):
So, as I wrote:
That's what you're claiming, right? We're not even getting to the facts of your "case" as you don't get to present it until the first part is overcome. Your argument to overcome it is because you didn't know you had to follow the procedures of the act because you're not a lawyer and just moved to the state, right? Do you know the definition of ignorance?

I'd be careful about being so proud about all the attorneys the other side as you may get to pay for them someday for wasting the state's and court's time. Please see:

Harrison v. County of Del Norte (1985) 168 Cal.App.3d 1 which says in part (emphasis mine):

The usual excuse is that you didn't know the government was involved. As the appellate case the quote was taken from by the OP said:
A claimant is required to show that within the statutory time period he “*‘did not know or have reason to know’*” that a government entity is involved. (Leake v. Wu (1976) 64 Cal.App.3d 668, 673.)
It seems clear that if he knew the DMV was involved, he's even worse off than I thought.

I would love to see his brief and how he distinguishes what appears to be the TON of case law against him.

(I deleted the DWP post as I realized that was from a case and not from HIS case.)

GoldySJSU

So, as I wrote:

Your case is about late filing of a claim:

Generally, the mere ignorance of the time limitation for filing against a public entity is not a sufficient ground for allowing a late claim

But my case does not involve a late filing, it was on time. Thus this case has no relationship to the one I am involved with.

Make sure you are looking at cases that involve pleadings that were made within 6 months of the cause of action. Otherwise any case you discuss cannot have any influence on my case.

I am surprised that you assumed it was a late filing case at all. Before you make an argument you should ask for more information so that you are discussing issues that are related. I most definitely agree that if my pleadings were filed after 6 months, it would be common sense that you didn't act in a timely manner.

Please recognize that I am listening carefully to your information. Also that I am not arguing with your point. Just informing you that the point is not applicable in this situation.

But thanks for providing it, it is useful to the public who might be reading this post. We all are working together in this objective.

What was the point of your first post if not for the fact the state is claiming you don't have the right to sue them because you haven't followed the procedure of the tort claim act? Filing a law suit within the time frame is not what the act calls for.

GoldySJSU

What was the point of your first post if not for the fact the state is claiming you don't have the right to sue them because you haven't followed the procedure of the tort claim act? Filing a law suit within the time frame is not what the act calls for.
The point is that all decisions that have been made in the past had plaintiffs with lawyers representing them. I am a PRO SE plaintiff not a Pro Per.

As for the Leak case, listen to the entirety of the decision I quote here:

A claimant is required to show that within the statutory time period he “ ‘did not know or have reason to know’ ” that a government entity is involved. (Leake v. Wu (1976) 64 Cal.App.3d 668, 673.) In Leake, the court affirmed an order denying relief, “where the lateness of the claim was attributable to the failure of the parties’ attorneys to conduct a reasonably prudent investigation of the circumstances[.]” (Id. at p. 673.) Dzhibinyan and his counsel were aware the DWP was working on the water system and caused the flooding of the roadway. When there is a readily available source of information from which the potential liability of a government entity may be discovered, a failure to use that source is deemed inexcusable. (Rojes v. Riverside General Hospital (1988) 203 Cal.App.3d 1151, 1163, nt. 5.)

No case that has been presented states that a PRO SE plaintiff is legally required to follow the California Tort Claims Act. This is because a PRO SE plaintiff has no legal training or certifications under the law.

Since there is no case decision that the courts state that a PRO SE plaintiff must comply with the CA Tort Law, my case falls through a large crack in the law.

All previous cases had plaintiffs who recieved legal services by an attorney. I have not. Thus no previous decision has any legal precedence in my case.

The court cannot apply the same standards on a PRO SE plaintiff with no legal skills versus a lawyer who has proven legal skills by passing the Bar.

This is a case where one not using a lawyer under the law has more rights than one with a lawyer until there is a case decision that establishes that a PRO SE plaintiff is the same as a lawyer in the judges decisions. However there is not one case that does this. Thus an open door exists in this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">