• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this sexual harassment by my attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tiff01

What is the name of your state? Texas

Recently my husband and I hired an attorney to do an adoption proceeding for us. Our attorney told us the day of court that we had to get a third attorney since there was never any documents that proved who my sons father was ( although there was a document where his biological father signed relinquishing his rights.) he was the attorney to listed for the "unknown father". We were surprised at this but we said ok. The day before we were to head to court to finalize the adoption our attorney called while my husband was at work and told me that the new attorney needed to ask me some questions before he would sign the papers. I agreed thinking that he just wanted to make sure that there weren’t any other possible fathers and such. He got on the phone and the first question that he asks me was what size of table I liked to dance on 6 ft. or 8 ft.? I was completely puzzled by this I said I am sorry and he said well what size of heels I wore was it 6 in. or 7in. heels. I was completely thrown off by this. In my remark I said I don’t wear heels. He goes well your attorney said you had a good sense of humor. I was just blown away. He then said well I do have some questions for you and they were legitimate questions regarding the adoption. Right before our conversation ended he goes, your attorney said you were short is that true. I again was appalled. He then handed the phone back to our lawyer and I told him that I did not appreciate that at all. He was laughing the whole time; I could hear him in the background. My attorney then confirmed our court date and time and that was the end. Would this be sexual harassment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">