• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shady Detective overstepping boundaries???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bfeeney11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I was working on a shortsale (real estate deal) and ended up losing the depoisit of my clients to the IRS...I simply have to repay it and have promised to and am repaying $500 every other week to reach $6000.00. I havent made the first deposit yet..however I had a detective call me today and say that he wanted to find out what was going on and that the plaintiffs attorney was going to file a complaint with the DA and the Dawanted to know if I was plainning onpaying restitution? first i have heard opf this..the detective said larceny etc..not the case so I am confused..i know the detective knows the plaibntiff..do I have to pay attention to this detective? is he overstepping his boundaries..i was told this is a civil issue? please advise before i call this detective back i want to know if i have to as he seems shady..

I plan on paying back starting this week---

swalsh411

You are under no obligation to speak with this person claiming to be a detective. I would not call him back. I would also pay back this money you are obligated to pay ASAP so you can put this matter behind you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">