• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sham Grievance Committee?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

—Ïw

Quincy, I suspect this is NY sister. No, you cannot sue your attorney. Even as you cannot sue your probation officer. Is this succinct enough for you?
They absurdly claim lawyer misconduct is nonexistent.
It's succinct, but misleading.

You can hire a legal malpractice attorney, but I'm not sure the money recouped justifies the fee. Hence my mentioned a small claims court.

commentator

You seem to visualize yourself as the exception, that one in a million totally mistreated and mishandled and misrepresented individual lost within the justice system and the bowels of corporatism. Assuming of course that we are talking about you. Prison is just full of people who are mad at their lawyers and think their case was improperly handled.

quincy

You are obviously stonewalling, since I explained the cause of the grievance. The onus is on you to pick out a specific sentence, and tell us which part you fail to understand. And you're not going to do it, because what I say is crystal clear.

Y would you, and the few other who responded after my last post, engage in deflecting the evident wrongdoing of this NY state Grievance Committee? Because it works, people (you're hoping me, but also bystanders) are susceptible to peer pressure. As for the motive, another type of group dynamics is involved, which goes by the name of corporatism.
Corporatism, huh?

Okay.

If you feel that those who evaluate complaints filed against attorneys are biased, and that you will never get a fair hearing, then sue your attorney for whatever wrongs you feel the attorney has committed.

Be warned, however, that this can be a very costly route for you to take and you will probably lose in court.

And also be warned that if/when you lose in court, it will probably be based solely on the judge's bias against you. ;)

Good luck.

—Ïw

Corporatism, huh?

Okay.

If you feel that those who evaluate complaints filed against attorneys are biased, and that you will never get a fair hearing, then sue your attorney for whatever wrongs you feel the attorney has committed.
I accept that answer.

Be warned, however, that this can be a very costly route for you to take and you will probably lose in court.
And I accept the part about costly route, but I don't see why I would lose in court, except, if a/ my case has no merit (you don't have evidence either way) or b/ what you state her:

And also be warned that if/when you lose in court, it will probably be based solely on the judge's bias against you. ;)

Good luck.
And since it is a costly route, let me ask this: coud I file at the small claims court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I accept that answer.

And I accept the part about costly route, but I don't see why I would lose in court, except, if a/ my case has no merit (you don't have evidence either way) or b/ what you state her:

And since it is a costly route, let me ask this: coud I file at the small claims court?
Based on what you have posted here, you likely have no case.

For other complaint procedures: http://www.nycbar.org/pdf/brochures/Complaints_Lawyers_Judges/complain_against_lawyers.pdf

quincy

—Ïw;3295239 said:
I accept that answer.

Yes. You can sue the attorney for a refund of money you feel was not earned. It depends on what area of the state you are in, and the amount of money in question, whether a small claims action is possible. And the attorney could file a counterclaim (perhaps for defamation?), and this could move the case from small claims to a higher court anyway.

Because you do not seem to trust attorneys all that much, any suggestion I make for you to have an attorney in your area review the facts of your claims will probably be ignored, but that is probably the best way to determine if your case has merit enough to support a lawsuit. You are right that I do not have evidence either way, so I cannot tell you from this distance and without a complete review of all facts whether a legal action filed by you is doomed to failure.

Good luck.

(review the links, including the one provided by Zigner, to learn how to file suit against your attorney, and where to file it)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">