• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Dispute this charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mynameismelissa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My husband and I have supplied our attorney with a retainer for a custody issue we are dealing with. Every month he sends us the detail statement explaining the time which was used and how our retainer was applied. Recently he had become sick and had a stay in the hospital. We had a court date coming up, but because he was sick and not going to be able to make it, he filed a continuance. Obviously what I am getting at is that he used our money to file the continuance which was necessary only because he was sick. Is this really our responsibilty?

I am not trying to be greedy or anything, it just doesn't really seem fair, in my mind, that I should have to pay out over $300.00 because of something that I don't feel I had anything to do with. Maybe it is just a standard though, which is why I am asking for another opinion.

Thank you!

wildthing

You can speak to your attorney about this charge but more than likely he will tell you that you don't have to use his services. After that he will probably become the worst attorney you've ever met. It has been my experience that the longer an attorney can drag your case out and the more money he can hose you for the harder he tries when you actually get into the court room.

latigo

You can speak to your attorney about this charge but more than likely he will tell you that you don't have to use his services. After that he will probably become the worst attorney you've ever met. It has been my experience that the longer an attorney can drag your case out and the more money he can hose you for the harder he tries when you actually get into the court room.
You must have spent a great deal of time in court and getting HOSED before and/or during to be able to favor us by drawing on all these so-called EXPERIENCES!

Facing the bench, which table is occupied by the prosecuting party and attorney, right or left?

When are the jury instructions read - before or after final argument? And what is the title of the officer of the court that reads them?

My guess is that the closest you’ve ever been to a courtroom was via a communications satellite. And that distance to be geosynchronous is about 22,300 miles one-way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">