+ Reply to Thread
    toddwebnet is offline Junior Member

Should I sign a consent to withdraw

In Missouri, I have a situation in which my lawyer quit and I have a disciplinary claim against him. In fact several legal professionals have urged me to file a claim.

He has asked me to sign a consent to withdraw so we don't have to have a hearing.

He quit on me twice. The short version is that he wanted to be on a TV show with me and pressured me to be on the show despite my reservations. I seemed to want to promote himself instead of do the work for my case.

He seems to be playing way too nice now. Should I sign the agreement to withdraw form?

I have a high profile case, and I need to hurry up and get him out so I can get a new lawyer...
    Last edited by toddwebnet; 05-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddwebnet View Post
    In Missouri, I have a situation in which my lawyer quit and I have a disciplinary claim against him. In fact several legal professionals have urged me to file a claim.

He has asked me to sign a consent to withdraw so we don't have to have a hearing.

He quit on me twice. The short version is that he wanted to be on a TV show with me and pressured me to be on the show despite my reservations. I seemed to want to promote himself instead of do the work for my case.

He seems to be playing way too nice now. Should I sign the agreement to withdraw form?

I have a high profile case, and I need to hurry up and get him out so I can get a new lawyer...
    You want him to withdraw so you can get new counsel so why wouldn't you sign the consent so he could withdraw? Read the consent to withdraw that he wants you to sign.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    toddwebnet is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the reply.

I want to make sure that I am not falling into some trap that will prevent me from filing a complaint against him.

I don't know if I sign the consent to withdraw if it is an acknowledgment of something else that will turn against me later on.

Lawyer can be sneaky sometimes...
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddwebnet View Post
    thanks for the reply.

I want to make sure that I am not falling into some trap that will prevent me from filing a complaint against him.

I don't know if I sign the consent to withdraw if it is an acknowledgment of something else that will turn against me later on.

Lawyer can be sneaky sometimes...
    You will need to consult with another local attorney if you don't fully understand the implications of the document you are being asked to sign. There is no way a bunch of uninvolved & uninformed strangers on the internet could give you valid advice.