• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena service by ada of criminal court of kings ny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpme0133

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I was just served by a process server two subpoenas one for myself and one for my daughter (15) in a case which has my daughter as the witness. She has informed the ada on several occasions that she does not want to continue with case and she wants to drop and dismiss the charges against the defendant in the case. My questions are do we have to adhere to the subpoenas since it was issued by the da's office which does not have the signature of the judge presiding over the case, it only has the signature of the ada and does my daughter need to fill out final paperwork when a dismissal is involved as per the ada.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I was just served by a process server two subpoenas one for myself and one for my daughter (15) in a case which has my daughter as the witness. She has informed the ada on several occasions that she does not want to continue with case and she wants to drop and dismiss the charges against the defendant in the case. My questions are do we have to adhere to the subpoenas since it was issued by the da's office which does not have the signature of the judge presiding over the case, it only has the signature of the ada and does my daughter need to fill out final paperwork when a dismissal is involved as per the ada.
Yes, you have to comply and no, neither of you are required to fill out paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">