• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yensid

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
Hello, I work as a nurse at a hospital that is being sued by a former patient. The hospital and a doctor are being sued. I am a key witness in the lawsuit as I mainly took care of the patient. I found out recently that the court date is in the last week of November. This is the same week that I had planned a family (10 member) vacation over 2 years ago. I have already paid for that vacation and it is not refundable. I contact the hospitals attorney who first said they would try to video depose me. I called today and found out that was not possible. The hospital attorney today said they would try to have me as a witness on the last day of testimony which is the day after I come back.
My concern is if I am forced to be a witness and miss my vacation do I just lose the money? Does the court or attorneys have to pay for my missed vacation? I feel that the hospital attorney is not really interested in trying to help me out on this. Should I hire my own attorney? Is there something else I can do? Please help? My family has saved for several years for this trip and I can't afford to lose it.

Thanks
:(

sunshine326

Inquiry

IN
Here is the situation, my son went to court on a drug :( possession and his father had paid his bond. When went to court the judge told him since he was able to come up with bond that he didn't need a public defender. The thing is he isn't working a good enough job to be able to pay for a lawyer. The judge told him to have his father pay for a lawyer since he bonded him out. But his father don't have those kinds of funds to attain a lawyer. So what is he supposed to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">