• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there any help out there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Ohio

My wife and I just finished our divorce in a small town. We have a 2 year old daughter. Wife wants to take her to Florida, I want to take her here. We are now waiting on the final decision of the magistrate. First of all, the court determined that BOTH of us are extremely FIT parents. The difference is this. 1) I have a great job here - wife is a 4 year college grad. with excellant resume including mostly management experience yet still will not work and has nothing lined up waiting in Florida if she takes our daughter there. 2) Daughter already has a home here - wife told court that she will be living with her cousin and her husband with there 3 young children in there small 3 bedroom house. (when ask what her and my daughters sleeping conditions will be, she replied "oh, we'll just sleep on the couch".) 3)
I have all the material assets (living room suit, bedroom suit, furnature, etc.) - wife, on the other hand, told the court she only wants to move and take her CD collection so that she wont have to pay to rent a truck to move anything; so she has nothing. Now the twist is this, my wife and I are an interracial couple and been married for 10 years. My wife is the same race as the magistrate who is also a female. Like I said, this is a very small town and it got back to me that the magistrate had made some very unfair statments in regards to her feelings towards racial issues and raising children. If she rips my princess away from me and allows my wife to subject her to those living conditions who can I write a letter and complain to. Is there a BAR or somthing. I'm in Ohio. Thank you

seniorjudge

Ohio
Eugene Whetzal, General Counsel
Ohio State Bar Association
P.O. Box 16562
Columbus, OH 43216-6562
(614) 487-2050
FAX (614) 487-1008
www.ohiobar.org/
e-mail [email protected]

Jonathan Coughlan, Disciplinary Counsel
Office of Disciplinary Counsel
The Supreme Court of Ohio
250 Civic Center Drive, Suite 325
Columbus, OH 43215-5454
(614) 461-0256
FAX (614) 461-7205
email [email protected]

Jonathan W. Marshall, Secretary
Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline
65 S. Front Street, 5th floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3431
(614) 387-9370
(888) 664-8345
FAX (614) 387-9379
www.sconet.state.oh.us/boc

Ruth Bope Dangel, Staff Attorney
Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline
65 S. Front Street, 5th floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3431
(614) 387-9370
(888) 664-8345
FAX (614) 387-9379

http://www.ajs.org/ethics/eth_conduct-orgs.asp

Seniorjudge THANK YOU

Seniorjudge,

Thank you so much. I truley appreciate you taking the time to give this important information to me. Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">