• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joe Siver

What is the name of your state?Illinois
Does a States attny have any responsibility to report the truth to a local newspaper and radio station in regards to a criminal case? Are there any repercussions that the States Attny can receive for telling the public lies that ruin a persons reputation along with the entire family and possibly sway the case results?

Last edited:

Joe Siver

Thank You for your reply, the States attny said he had cocaine in his blood at the time of a car accident and now that we have all the states evidence and lab results in fact there were no illicit drugs in his blood at all. also said he was driving recklessly when in fact the police report states he was at a complete stop along with a witness behind him.

stephenk

report the attorney to the State Bar. you can also write to the attorney (and his supervisor) and demand a retraction of the statement.

Joe Siver

Who is our States Attny's Supervisor? I was really hoping there was something BIGGER I could do to him like sue the state or whatever you know how retractions are..... not real effective... but it is something and Im so mad about it Ive got to do something.just hoping I could ruin him in the same way.

stephenk

Are you saying the head of the State's Attorney office is the one that said the stuff about your husband? If yes, report him to the State Bar.

Joe Siver

Actually it wasnt my husband but my son and the elected official himself The States Attny himself not even the assistant states attny but the BIG BOY! Can you believe that? Also what do you think about the the newspaper printing these lies?I will report him as soon as our case is complete. How do I go about that?

If the newspaper's action was limited to printing information they retrieved from court records, you have no case against it. Official records are privileged even if they contain factually false information, as long as the newspaper acted in good faith when they reported what the record said at the time.

Joe Siver

There are no records of any sort with this information, another person went to the paper and told them these things so they printed it with a picture next to it. Ive seen all the records from the States evidence to the toxicology reports from the hospital and the police records. This is why Im very anxious to do something to make sure that the states attny or the person that went to the paper or the paper so they can suffer the reprecussions of this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">