• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

usurping authority?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

milboltnut

DA usurping authority?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

NJ

Can a DA usurp the authority of the state? A DA told my local police to have me refingerprinted for gun permits... even though it's only required once.

Last edited:

justalayman

Why is the DA involved with this at all? Given that he is, it suggests you have some legal issues you are dealing with. Do you?

quincy

Nope. no legal issues...... third time reapplying for gun permits and the DA told the cop to have me refinger printed.
Why is a prosecutor involved? Why have you had to apply for a gun permit three times? What sort of criminal background do you have?

milboltnut

Can you answer my question? I don't feel I need to tell you anything. If you can't answer the question then please move on. Thank You.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

If your fingerprints are not sufficient to provide an accurate record, they can make you continue until you give up or succeed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so I don't hear from you..K. Doesn't sound like you know anyway, otherwise you would just answer my question. Thanks.
True. The only lawyer responding to you ... but carry on... And yeah. I do know the answer. You are wrong about what you think. You are wrong about the law. You are wrong about the requirements.

milboltnut

True. The only lawyer responding to you ... but carry on... And yeah. I do know the answer. You are wrong about what you th.ink. You are wrong about the law. You are wrong about the requirements.
put your money where your mouth is.....so you really need to know my personal buisness in order to answer the question right?

quincy

Can you answer my question? I don't feel I need to tell you anything. If you can't answer the question then please move on. Thank You.
What an interesting edit you did of your post, milboltnut. I wish I had quoted your original reply to my questions when I had the chance.

You had previously noted in your post several good reasons why you might be having a difficult time getting a gun permit. . . . . .and then you deleted those reasons and replaced them with a snippy response instead.

If I remember correctly, you said you had some "non criminal" offenses expunged from your record. And you had other run-ins with the police that you briefly touched on.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">