• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caricall

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I am the respondent in an ongoing legal case. The petitioner's attorney continually faxes legal motions and correspondence to my business despite repeated requests to correspond with me at my personal address. The correspondence contains confidential information and is often exposed to other employees who pick up faxes from the common fax machine.

Is petitioner's attorney violating any Rules of Conduct for the California State Bar or privacy laws by ignoring my requests to refrain from sending confidential information to my place of work (particularly to a common area fax machine)?

Karankawan

caricall said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I am the respondent in an ongoing legal case. The petitioner's attorney continually faxes legal motions and correspondence to my business despite repeated requests to correspond with me at my personal address. The correspondence contains confidential information and is often exposed to other employees who pick up faxes from the common fax machine.

Is petitioner's attorney violating any Rules of Conduct for the California State Bar or privacy laws by ignoring my requests to refrain from sending confidential information to my place of work (particularly to a common area fax machine)?
The recourse of action you may take is to make sure you document your concerns with a written letter stating you do not receive information at your place of work and that he needs to use your personal address for all communication. If this continues to occur and/or this jeopardises your job he can be held liable in a court of law...Write it down for documentation!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">