• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visa processing fee received by Attorney but did not process my H1B Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krisananth

Hi,

Attorney had promised that he will do my visa processing for US $900 (Attorney Fee) and US $2500 (for H1B Visa processing). I have transferred US $900 and my prospective employer had transferred $2500 for the same (total sum of $3400). Now inspite of repeated emails and calls there is no response or less reponse from the Attorney. My Attorney has dragged this for almost a year now saying that its under processing. Since he is not responding to my mails anymore please let me know on how to proceed or file a case against him.

Regards
Anand

Proserpina

Hi,

Attorney had promised that he will do my visa processing for US $900 (Attorney Fee) and US $2500 (for H1B Visa processing). I have transferred US $900 and my prospective employer had transferred $2500 for the same (total sum of $3400). Now inspite of repeated emails and calls there is no response or less reponse from the Attorney. My Attorney has dragged this for almost a year now saying that its under processing. Since he is not responding to my mails anymore please let me know on how to proceed or file a case against him.

Regards
Anand

When you checked the status of your petition with USCIS, what did they say?

sandyclaus

Hi,

Regards
Anand
Have you contacted USCIS to check the status of your visa application? I would also recommend that you write a letter to the attorney (send it certified, return receipt requested), and advise that if you do not receive an immediate and appropriate response, you will proceed with filing a complaint with the Bar Association. (And if you don't get the response, do follow up with the Bar Association - you can find the number in your local listings.)

And I would suggest that you remove your phone number from your post. There are no attorneys here that would be calling you to assist with your case, and it's best NOT to include any personal information like that because you never know what people are going to do with it.

(And for the benefit of the other Senior Members - US LAW ONLY!!!!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">