• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant never served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tnkimala

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I filed a warrant on May 28, 2009. Six weeks later, I was in court on a related case when I learned this warrant was never served. The ruling on the related case included the other person that had not been served.

A no contact order was issued for all parties and I was approached after to dismiss the charges filed on the other person. I was unaware yet that it had not been served. I agreed since that person was included in the previous ruling. It was as I was in front of the judge, acknowledging I no longer was represented by legal counsel that I learned it was never served. I was confused but held to my word to dismiss.

I learned it never left the Circuit Court Clerk's office. I had filed harrassment charges but the person I wanted served was the previous clerk's ex. Thus politics of who you know gave way to the corruption of it never being turned over to the Sheriff's office to be served. FOR SIX WEEKS.

I have notified the DA, Sheriff's office, Mayor, and County Comissioners. The Sheriff's office and the DA contacted the clerk. The DA said, it was personally handed to the Sheriff. Your complaint lies with his office. The Sheriff's office called the clerk, who countered that they could send all the deputies they want, the DA will not prosecute, the case is dismissed, I need to hire a lawyer.

The harrassment has subsided, but not entirely. The posts, bumper stickers and pictures directed towards me have been removed from her profile. Yet, I received a blank text message to my phone with the phone number since the Judge's no contact order. An apology stating it was an accident is posted to her status on myspace. I refuse to acknowledge viewing the profile and notified my attorney of the text. It is an obvious provocation.

I am so angry that this person was never arrested prior to the dismissal.

What is your advise?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tnkimala

Nothing?

The person that was never served is at it again, indirectly.
She has posted a blog bragging about how she was never served.
How she has the DA.
How she didn't sign anything about no contact.
How she is not third party communicating but acting on her own.

I have not acknowledged seeing the blog or profile since court.

Does case dismissed without serving mean Court Clerk is accountable?
6 weeks never turned over to the Sheriff.
Lied to the DA about personally handing it to the Sheriff.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Take copies of the blog to an attorney. See if they will represent you. If that doesn't work, go to the media.

tnkimala

time out needed

I emailed the local DA, County Commissioners, Sheriff, County Mayor, etc. I copied and paste everything concerning her harrassment over the past year to several places of storage. I have in excess of 641 kb of documentation.

I am just so tired of all the injustice. I even filled out a report to the FBI online. All it has done is get me in deeper water. She is well connected.

My pending divorce contempt case was final the end of August. I rushed my lawyer to get a date in order to end any future contact with my ex. Well, I was shocked at the outcome! Out of a possible 10k, 2k minimum at worst, I was awarded $600, plus ordered to return "anything of my ex's" after 5 yrs. He made it look like I kept his stupid "forgotten" junk. My lawyer did not even meet with me before court. No witnesses, no evidence presented, nothing.

The first words out of my lawyers mouth after court were, "The Circuit Court Clerk want to talk to you". I refused and came home. Then the next day I get a call from the local Sheriff claiming to have served the warrant I filed?

Next weekend, I load "anything of his" that I can find in over 4000 sq ft at 3 seperate places and deliver it to his lawyers office. I will type up a "receipt of items" for someone to sign! I want this to end with no chance of future problems.

I moved within a year of my divorce and remarried within two years. It has been over five years now. His girlfriend, the ex wife of the previous Court Clerk, continues to indirectly harrass me, via blog and unknown cell texts, but I have not given any indication of reaction.

The public corruption, political connections, and money, have taken me down some serious emotional roads that have maxed out my health, income and intelligence. I am ready for a vacation.

I have chosen not to appeal. I never cared about the money he owed me. Just the fact that he got away with breaking in my shed, her harrassment, and all his lies. My reputation has been damaged by being arrested, thus jeapordizing my Federal and Pharmacy jobs, Girl Scout Leader, and dealing with my new husband's vicious ex.

Yeah, I plan to take it to the media, but I believe my actions to other local officials thus far are the reason the Judge ruled as he did, and my lawyer slacked on me. Until all the legal papers are signed and settled plus I get a nice relaxing vacation from all the previous drama, I will not make any futher actions. I have a life, a great one, 75 miles away from my ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">