• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wellsfargo throws me under the bus!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Please use the "reply to thread" feature to add your Legal Ethics or Lawyer Malpractice question and please be sure to include the name of your state.

There is no need to start a second thread. Thanks.

ramirez7084

California....I had filed a complaint against a wellsfargo banker my ex-girlfriend suspecting her snooping through my account. Customer care said I would remain private and that she would never know who called in. A few weeks later she filed for a restraining order on me saying im harassing her and attached the complaint form from wellsfargo that clearly states confidential on the form not addressed to her only management. Is there anything legally that can be done to wellsfargo for revealing my identity?

quincy

California....I had filed a complaint against a wellsfargo banker my ex-girlfriend suspecting her snooping through my account. Customer care said I would remain private and that she would never know who called in. A few weeks later she filed for a restraining order on me saying im harassing her and attached the complaint form from wellsfargo that clearly states confidential on the form not addressed to her only management. Is there anything legally that can be done to wellsfargo for revealing my identity?
Your legal concern has nothing to do with legal ethics or lawyer malpractice. It is a question about privacy rights and a bank releasing account information.

A court can issue a subpoena for a release of personal identifying information if this information is needed for a legal action to proceed against a person. If WellsFargo received such a subpoena (and I suspect they did), WellsFargo would need to obey the court order by releasing the account information requested, or be found in contempt.

I do not see any legal action for you to consider but you can have an attorney in your area personally review the facts.

In the meantime, I strongly recommend you adhere to all of the terms of any restraining order issued against you. Any violation can result in your arrest.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">