• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhythmz

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I seperated from my spouse a few years ago after 12 years of domestic violence. My spouse took our children from me under duress and with the backing of his family. The seperation was very hard on my children since I moved from the area to avoid the violence. I believed the children would at least not have to witness the violence if I relented. Since our seperation, my spouse was killed in a car accident. His family has expressed a deep hatred for my leaving their deceased son. I had my personal reasons that are well documented by the local social services agency.

They have a relative in the records dept. at the general district court. It is my firm belief that intimate details of my personal life are being released to this family through the embedded relative. I often get harassed by this family but the local government will not cooperate with me in allowing me to file harassment charges when threats to my personal safety even when recorded on audio tape. However, I am constantly being charged with bogus accusations without any proof offered thus leading to my arrest. There are constant administrative errors that occur with my court files causing some supeonas to reach me and others to be sent to other previous addresses I had in my marraige. This often leads to FTA's which result in arrests. When I return to town for court apprearances, I usually get assaulted or harassed by my spouse's family. This has occurred in the presence of case workers who remain silent. When I am allowed to file charges of harassment, the family just conjure up creative events that get me arrested thus turning my attempts at obtaining peace into a "he said-she said" dilemma. This usually gets everyone sent home with orders not to communicate. They continuously break this order so I end up going in circles. I when I ignore them, I get arrested for some accusation that gets dismissed ude to administrative error.

It is my believe that my spouse's family is out to ruin me in an attempt to make me pay for "sending their son to his early grave". I believe they use my spouses aunt to retrieve, manipulate, and complicate my life with court proceedings that bring me back within their reach to harass me or at best physically assault me. All the court chaos usually ends up getting dismissed.

Who can I complain to if I wish to complain about this sort of abuse? I just want peace and privacy. This harassment has forced me to terminate my rights to my children in order to obtain peace and it still continues. I no longer have rights to the children they fight me over and yet they continue. I am convinced that the local government is corrupt and my case is getting influenced behind the scene by this relative. I would just like an advocate to oversee my dealings with this government and either confirm my suspicions or at least provide a barrier of representation and really nothing more. All court appointed attorneys are usually less than enthusiastic to help me much less speak on my behave as I believe they were appointed to. I am a full-time student now trying to right the wrongs and start over, I keep seeing that dream slip away each time a new episode unfolds with this family.

rhythmz

Smart ass

Where do you get off telling someone to get back on there meds. Don't you think if I could afford an attorney, I WOULD HIRE ONE! Just needed contacts within the gov't. that I can file a complaint with or something. Pleasedo me a favor, if all you have is sarcasm then please dont reply. Some of us simply want some ADVICE, not 2-cent B.S. from the friggin mind of a two year old. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">