• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tifjohnson

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I Refinanced my home. I had a 1st mortgage and a home equity line.

Over a month later I received a letter from my credit union (who has the loan), telling me that my escrow account has a shortage and they are now going to increase my payment over $80 a month for the next year to make up for it.

My attorney that closed, didn't collect escrows for the new loan. She first told me the closing instructions didn't tell her to, but I got a copy of them, and it in fact, did instruct to collect escrows. She then said she was confused since it didn't have a table telling her exactly what to collect, she just didn't do it at all.

I feel like I paid her to do a job that was not done properly. I don't have $1,000 to hand over right now, and when I refinanced I didn't budget that extra $80 a month. I live on a pretty tight budget anyway.

Is there anything I can do? ie. Make the attorney pay the escrow back or ask for my attorney fees back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">