• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do in this legal situation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kralsk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Since I live in Europe now, makes it difficult to deal with this situation distantly...but I really want to.
I have a very complicated civil case filed in the court in 2009 - (its for stolen money from my personal bank account - $50K - it happened in 2005 in Florida). It haven't had any hearings in the court yet. In 2010 my attorney filed a voluntary dismissal from my behalf and freed a person who was a defendant in the case (the other defendant is the bank for their negligence). My attorney did this action without telling me, asking for my opinion, advising me and so on. Later I found the dissmisal accidentally while I was checking the court's web site. I immediately asked my attorney and I didn't get much as an answer. My attorney didn't show me any evidence why he did this voluntary dismissal, didn't make any efforts to explain to me what has happened.
So, two years now the case is still in the court on pending. I am so confused and out of money to take actions. But I don't want just to forget about it. I want to get my rights to return my stolen money. I want some one to hear me. I want to believe in the US justice!
I will appreciate any advice what I can do in this complicated situation. I belive there is an answer and I can get help.

Mass_Shyster

There is really no way anyone can second guess your attorney without all the information.

In short, your options are to drop the case, continue with your attorney, or fire your attorney and hire another. If you fire your attorney, you will likely have to pay him for all the work he's completed.

kralsk

There is really no way anyone can second guess your attorney without all the information.

In short, your options are to drop the case, continue with your attorney, or fire your attorney and hire another. If you fire your attorney, you will likely have to pay him for all the work he's completed.
I paid him enough for doing nothing...Now, unfortunately, I am completely out of money....which makes things more difficult, and I know that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">