• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Constitutes "Legal Advice"? What Constitutes the "Practice of Law"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAMuntsinger

What is the name of your state? California

ENASNI

hee hee

seniorjudge said:

Read all it about it here:

www.freeadvice.com
I don't Think I have seen that site before, Judge... where did you find it?
I will check it out when I am done with this forum..

(I don't think I have told you lately how great I think you are! :D )

TAMuntsinger

seniorjudge said:

Read all it about it here:

www.freeadvice.com

As suggested, I searched and read the advice provided in various closely-related topics found in www.freeadvice.com and can find no answers to either of the posted questions. Each piece of such advice there simply begs the question of what precisely constitutes "legal advice" under the law, and what precisely constitutes the "practice of law" under the law. What, for example, are the bounds or limits of advice that a business or financial consultant may provide, and may not provide, under the law when the consultant is not admitted to the practice of law in a state, and precisely how are those bounds or limits defined or delimited? Also, what exactly must such a consultant do, and/or not do, in setting up his or her practice and in conducting his or her practice to avoid being accused or charged with practicing law without a license? Take for example the state of California, or any other state if you wish.

S

seniorjudge

Google california unauthorized practice law and/or ask specific questions with facts and details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">