• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bruceli

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Have not heard from my lawyer for a month. Have left at least 10 messeges and as many emails. Is it time to contact the bar? He was good about updates for the first two months, but the last 2 have been a challenge.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Have not heard from my lawyer for a month. Have left at least 10 messeges and as many emails. Is it time to contact the bar? He was good about updates for the first two months, but the last 2 have been a challenge.
Is anything moving on your case? In other words, do you know if you have a hearing scheduled? If so when is it? And the past month would have been the holidays. Most attorneys are limited in their offices during the second half of December and first half of January quite frankly. Why? Because most take vacations at the end of the year if they are not fitting in deadline trials/hearings/what not and the first of the year is spent in court/meetings that could not be scheduled at the end of the year because everyone was on vacation.

Call your attorney again and attempt to speak to a person. If they have an office, go to the office.

bruceli

Thanks for the advice**************I live in another state so a trip to his office is not possible. I'll keep up with the calls for another couple of weeks and go from there. I already talked to the receptionist, I guess, and also left a messege with his para-legal. Any other words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Topic

If the Bar in your state is the same as in mine, there's a specific list of complaints that Bar investigators pay attention to. Not responding to a client within a certain timeframe may or may not be on that list. Your best bet would be to locate the telephone number of the Bar, which should be toll free, and call.

Remember, we're barely by the New Year's and Christmas holidays, plus Monday is a holiday.

bruceli

Finally got through yesterday. A friend of mine from the DA's office gave him a call and then handed me the phone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">