• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do about bad attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donovan69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Kansas.... Anyway I was in a child custody battle for 3 years. I started questioning my attorney about his proceedures and he dropped me telling me that I would only get shared custody if that. He told me that I was the problem. Now he is suing me for the remainder of the bill. He would show up for court unpreparred and not represent me the way I told him I wanted to be represented. I have proof that he carried this case over a year longer than it should have. When he dropped me I had to go into dept to get another attorney which won me residential custody. I feel like there should be some kind of recourse on my side but do not know the steps I need to take. I have a pre trial coming up and am going to ask it be set for trial. Isnt there some kind of panel I can complain to about the attorny misrepresenting me and get the money back I paid him if I have proof that he did misrepresented me. Standing up for the truth. I have tried to talk to some attorneys and there was no welcome for the truth. Looking to the net for answers. Thank you..... P.S. I am the Dad

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Kansas.... Anyway I was in a child custody battle for 3 years. I started questioning my attorney about his proceedures and he dropped me telling me that I would only get shared custody if that. He told me that I was the problem. Now he is suing me for the remainder of the bill. He would show up for court unpreparred and not represent me the way I told him I wanted to be represented. I have proof that he carried this case over a year longer than it should have. When he dropped me I had to go into dept to get another attorney which won me residential custody. I feel like there should be some kind of recourse on my side but do not know the steps I need to take. I have a pre trial coming up and am going to ask it be set for trial. Isnt there some kind of panel I can complain to about the attorny misrepresenting me and get the money back I paid him if I have proof that he did misrepresented me. Standing up for the truth. I have tried to talk to some attorneys and there was no welcome for the truth. Looking to the net for answers. Thank you..... P.S. I am the Dad

if you feel you have cause for complaint, you are more than welcome to contact the state bar association.

how to sue an attorney....you would need to hire an attorney for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">