• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johngaryyoung

A year ago I paid a lawyer a huge retainer to help me take the california child support office to court over $ 30,000 of child support that i dont owe. in that year he has only doged my calls or told me that he will be e-mailing me something to sign soon..,.but never does. what can i do about this.

Isis1

A year ago I paid a lawyer a huge retainer to help me take the california child support office to court over $ 30,000 of child support that i dont owe. in that year he has only doged my calls or told me that he will be e-mailing me something to sign soon..,.but never does. what can i do about this.
have you shown up at his office to request an appointment? did you pay the full retainer?

latigo

First order of business is to formally complain to the California Bar Association by filing a complaint against the shyster and demand full reimbursement of the retainer.

Start the process by visiting this site: www.calbar.ca.gov/calbar/pdfs/DispComp.pdf

Secondly, totally ignore the ridiculous suggestion you must endure further stonewalling by paying a personal visit to the attorney’s office. Or that you need to be certain that you don’t we him any more money. DOUBLE DUMB!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">