• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what does he say to help his case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DimplesDelvalle

okay my friend is in jail and he is going in front of a judge to see if they are going to approve him for early parole. he is doing a 7 1/2 year sentence. He has been in jail for almost 4 years,and has been good the whole time, and has recieve his GED. but yes it was a violent crime, but he is one of those people that is a good person just made a very bad choice. my question is?

what can he say when he goes in front of the judge, that will help him out, and see that he is a good person who has made a bad choice..??? please help me out. thank you

Proserpina

okay my friend is in jail and he is going in front of a judge to see if they are going to approve him for early parole. he is doing a 7 1/2 year sentence. He has been in jail for almost 4 years,and has been good the whole time, and has recieve his GED. but yes it was a violent crime, but he is one of those people that is a good person just made a very bad choice. my question is?

what can he say when he goes in front of the judge, that will help him out, and see that he is a good person who has made a bad choice..??? please help me out. thank you
What's his crime?

DimplesDelvalle

I believe the Charge was...

i am not sure what the charge was. Here is the story i got from him...
That a week before he did his crime, The man he had a problem with had pulled a gun out on him. So a week later ( my friend) said he was going to return the favor and pull a gun out on him but the guy he had a problem with was not home so he robbed him instead, but like i said i don't know the whole charge. I am so sorry i wish i knew because it would help you out alot better to help me. I just know he is going in front of the parole board on Jan 15 and he told me his lawyer he had at the time he was convicted did not represent him well at all.
But he has been incarcerated for the past 3 1/2 years almost 4 years. While he has been in there he has completely stayed out of trouble. He has recieved his G.E.D and he works in the kitchen. He keeps to himself to avoid trouble with other inmates.
Now personally i am one of those people that if you mess up then take your punishment for it. I really dont take side unless i truely feel like you have learned from your mistake. I can honestly sit here and say that i completely feel like he made a turn around, and he know what he did was wrong and he is doing everything to prove that he deserves another chance to prove he can be better, he is only 23 years old. so i feel like he should get another chance. so i was wondering what you might think would be good for him to bring to the parole board to help him get approved for early parole??
Thank you so much for your help in this matter and for your advice

Proserpina

i am not sure what the charge was. Here is the story i got from him...
That a week before he did his crime, The man he had a problem with had pulled a gun out on him. So a week later ( my friend) said he was going to return the favor and pull a gun out on him but the guy he had a problem with was not home so he robbed him instead, but like i said i don't know the whole charge. I am so sorry i wish i knew because it would help you out alot better to help me. I just know he is going in front of the parole board on Jan 15 and he told me his lawyer he had at the time he was convicted did not represent him well at all.
But he has been incarcerated for the past 3 1/2 years almost 4 years. While he has been in there he has completely stayed out of trouble. He has recieved his G.E.D and he works in the kitchen. He keeps to himself to avoid trouble with other inmates.
Now personally i am one of those people that if you mess up then take your punishment for it. I really dont take side unless i truely feel like you have learned from your mistake. I can honestly sit here and say that i completely feel like he made a turn around, and he know what he did was wrong and he is doing everything to prove that he deserves another chance to prove he can be better, he is only 23 years old. so i feel like he should get another chance. so i was wondering what you might think would be good for him to bring to the parole board to help him get approved for early parole??
Thank you so much for your help in this matter and for your advice
Frankly - and this isn't legal advice - you would do well to be wary. A person who deliberately goes out with the intent of pulling a gun on someone and then (because the intended victim isn't home) robs the person instead is perhaps not going to be seen as someone who just made a mistake. You initially said it was a violent crime - what kind of violence are we talking about here? (Seeing as, per your last post, you said the intended victim wasn't actually home at the time...)

With that said, all he can do is be honest, express his sincere apologies and regret, mention that he's worked for and received his GED etc and let things fall as they may.

He really doesn't have any other choice.

(For what it's worth he WILL get another chance to lead a more positive life - even if he has to serve his full sentence. Nobody is taking that chance away from him)

Last edited:

DimplesDelvalle

Thank you

Like i said in the last post, I don't know exactly what the charges are, see i know his mother very well and i told her i would do some research and see what i can come up with. So i don't know what all the charges are. So we are both a little on the blind side..lol
But honest i know he will get a second chance, i would rather sooner rather then later. I just seen that he has been trying really hard and he does show that he is sorry. So you think he should just tell all the positive things he's done. I just don't know if there is anything else he would be able to say or do that would look better on his behalf[/U][/B].
but i do appreciate all your help and ( Not Legal Advice..lol)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">