• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are our rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bondvee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My grandson brought a car from a buy here pay here place in Indianapoils, IN, he is a college student, very good grades, very good kid, never been in trouble. He was one day late with his payment and he called to let them know he would make a double payment on this coming Friday. The owner of the buy here pay here reported the car stolen off of the lot - and it wasn't - what is it that we can do to prevent this from happening again and to make sure that this does not happen to anyone else who has patronized this company?

bondvee

I understand about paying on time and he does too, but to report a car stolen when it isn't and all of his payment has been made on time but this one because of the serpentine belt breaking and they weren't able to fix it although he only had the car two months. I am looking for a sincere response and not someone being mean -- this is costly to have someone report that a car is stolen when the individual did not steal a car and one payment was missed with the knowledge of the owner and it was his wife that reported the car stolen from the lot which is a felony in most states and would require an attorney if he had been stopped with the vehicle and could have been shot or spent time in jail for a non-payment!?!

bondvee

Sincere answers only respond Thank you

I understand about paying on time and he does too, but to report a car stolen when it isn't and all of his payment has been made on time but this one because of the serpentine belt breaking and they weren't able to fix it although he only had the car two months. I am looking for a sincere response and not someone being mean -- this is costly to have someone report that a car is stolen when the individual did not steal a car and one payment was missed with the knowledge of the owner and it was his wife that reported the car stolen from the lot which is a felony in most states and would require an attorney if he had been stopped with the vehicle and could have been shot or spent time in jail for a non-payment!?!

OHRoadwarrior

First off, the serpentine belt breaking is not the car lots problem. Second, after he made the payment, the car lot, had they reported the car stolen, could not just un-report it. It sounds like they made the story up. I would contact the local police and ask if it had been reported. If the lot actually is fraudulently reporting cars, they need to be prosecuted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">