• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what's the dilly yo!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gawm

What is the name of your state?az

just reminiscing... in 1993 i was charged with a capital offense i was given a public defender. Everyone knows the horror stories that come along with having a public defender so i started getting quotes from private attorneys. everyone of them started out at 25k. once it was established that there was a conflict of interest with my public defender i was given a contact attorney. although i don't know how much he was paid it was obvious all he wanted to do was plea the case out. that was unacceptable. so after i kicked him to the curb i was given not one but two contract attorneys. i later found out the were paid 8 grand to represent me and they got another 4 G's because the case went to trial.(12 G's for the both of them) my question is why is there such a big discrepancy between what they would charge me to do my case and what they would actually do a case of that nature for? just curios now that I'm contaplating a book on my experience

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">