• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wheelchair for life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noooologic

California.
Hi, I have a friend who after being shot 5 times when he was 16 and has been in a wheelchair now for 20 years.He has a four year old daughter that in caring for her he has had to skip being medicated quite often in order to care properly for her. He hates how they affect him and cause him to feel like a zombie, and the after affects of the pain medication as well. Most of the time now they do not help him much. Just today, he told me that he had experienced a totally new pain that actually made him cry. He said people don't understand that just because you cannot use your legs, they are not all the way without feeling. He asked me to see if I could find any information on how to go about him getting surgery that will completely stop all the pain that he feels in his legs. I have personally witnessed all of his different moods. From being medicated to being over medicated, and several times when I found him to be over medicated, yet his eyes still glazed from the pain the medication can not alleviate. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Like can he hire a lawyer to represent him and have chance at having something done?

Proserpina

California.
Hi, I have a friend who after being shot 5 times when he was 16 and has been in a wheelchair now for 20 years.He has a four year old daughter that in caring for her he has had to skip being medicated quite often in order to care properly for her. He hates how they affect him and cause him to feel like a zombie, and the after affects of the pain medication as well. Most of the time now they do not help him much. Just today, he told me that he had experienced a totally new pain that actually made him cry. He said people don't understand that just because you cannot use your legs, they are not all the way without feeling. He asked me to see if I could find any information on how to go about him getting surgery that will completely stop all the pain that he feels in his legs. I have personally witnessed all of his different moods. From being medicated to being over medicated, and several times when I found him to be over medicated, yet his eyes still glazed from the pain the medication can not alleviate. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Like can he hire a lawyer to represent him and have chance at having something done?

What exactly is the goal here?

quincy

Is there a legal ethics or lawyer malpractice issue here?

This sounds more medical than legal.

justalayman

in addition to any medical treatment, your friend needs psychological treatment as well. Neither one alone is going to take him very far in finding an acceptable solution.

OHRoadwarrior

Presumably the pain management doctor is the prescribing the pills not a drug dealer. OP's friend is looking for suggestions from those who experience chronic pain for tips in methods to assist in managing pain naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Presumably the pain management doctor is the prescribing the pills not a drug dealer. OP's friend is looking for suggestions from those who experience chronic pain for tips in methods to assist in managing pain naturally.
Then OP should find another board to post on because that is not a legal problem.

ecmst12

Apparently OP thinks a lawyer could help his friend get a surgery that doesn't exist. Which is not a legal OR a medical problem actually.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And I am sorry - but that is something he should be getting a second MEDICAL opinion on,Not relying on strangers on the Internet. What you propose doing is at best irresponsible. At worst, Dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">